3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Croatan National Forest

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Croatan National Forest
Nantahala Nut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nantahala Nut   Email Nantahala Nut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone hunt here or one of the other wmas nearby? I was thinking about hunting small game and hogs for a week.
Posts: 298 | From: Cullowhee, North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huskyarcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huskyarcher   Email huskyarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never been there, but good luck!!

--------------------
------------
Dalton Lewis
PBS Associate Member
Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Posts: 1473 | From: Ashe County, North Carolina | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 29444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan   Email Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to hunt there in my younger days. Took my first buck there. It is very diverse and covers a huge territory. Much of it is basically tree farm but there are swamps, river eco-systems and pocosins. Areas that are not managed for timber are very thick. I mean Gum Swamp thick. We used to camp for several days and deer hunt. Also did some bird hunting for quail and snipe. We would typically see deer,bear,turkey and lots of waterfowl. There are gators if you know where to look.

--------------------
Member NCBA

Posts: 585 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get your rabbit dog on. Thick in spots is an understatement. Some areas are managed and have food plots and dove fields.

Search an aerial photo and find those areas with fields. Look for any rooting sign with an on-foot visit to those fields.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Hunting/Game-Land-Maps/National-Forest/Croatan.pdf

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7469 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©