3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Best place to live for archers? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Best place to live for archers?
Zwickey-Fever
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zwickey-Fever   Email Zwickey-Fever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a farm here in southern Iowa,,Monroe or Lucas counties. Plenty of pheasants, quail, coyotes and not to mention the big deer here.

--------------------
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
Genesis 27:3

Posts: 230 | From: Southern Iowa | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only comment on where I have been. PA. would get my vote, lots of deer, lots of shoots. Then come back here for winter!
Posts: 2248 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
degabe
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for degabe   Email degabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Keweenaw but only if you like lots of the white stuff.
Posts: 111 | From: midmichigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get me wrong, I love it here but based on traditional gatherings,number of clubs and number of traditional archers it seems the areas around Michigan and Pennsylvania have the most to offer IMO.. the Midwest in general seems pretty active.
Lots of threads and response's from middle America

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA,RMEF,PBS,Compton

Posts: 955 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stick_string
Contributor 2012
Member # 10994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stick_string   Email stick_string   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Colorado...

At least for residents.

--------------------
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Sarrels Longbows and Brack Drifter

Posts: 736 | From: Divide, Colorado | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hud
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hud   Author's Homepage   Email Hud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AZ, WY, MT, NV, Ut, ID, NM

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2123 | From: Ridgefield, Wa. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NY has a lot of opportunity to shoot and a great large group of trad Hunters/shooters.

If you ar etalking about Hunting Opportunity, I would look elsewhere.

I've been meeting guys here in WI. Theyve been great but it doesnt seem like there are quite as many shoots. There is better deer hunting though in general.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17412 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Okla we have a 2 buck 4 doe whitetail season from Oct 1-Jan 15,bear in SE and 12 hours from Denver And antelope in panhandle.
Terry

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2760 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to say if you haven't really lived and hunted there. Southern Iowa has the big deer rep but few trad guys compared to where I lived in MN. When you have gatherings out east that draw thousands of shooters you really wonder.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1149 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coop
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coop   Email Coop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to love in SW PA not far from Red Beastmaster. A year ago this week I moved to Springtown TX, which is kind of in the DFW area. I have a big open property with no close neighbors so in the aspect of target shooting, I like here better. I have plenty of room for a home range. Finding public places to hunt is much more difficult in TX than PA though so I do miss access to all the public land PA had to offer. I like I can hunt free range hogs here and I could not in PA.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Posts: 675 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank
Charter Member
Member # 43

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Georgia hands down. Hunting you can be in the woods chasing deer, bear, hogs, turkey all in less than an hour drive from Atlanta.

I moved from North Ga right across the street from a WMA to Decatur. Surprisingly living in Atlanta I can be North, South, East, or West in less than an hour chasing critters. This is also good if you shoot 3D shoots.

--------------------
Can't cheat the mountain,
Mountain got it.

Posts: 859 | From: Decatur Georgia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bear mike
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bear mike   Email bear mike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michigan
Posts: 129 | From: White Pigeon Michigan | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jahmi
Member # 39229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jahmi   Email Jahmi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have great shooting and hunting friends in Idaho, you are in the best place! The company you share the experience with will always beat the location!

I've spent 42 years in Michigan, 6 in California and the past in TX. I miss my Hunting buddies in Michigan, 3d and archery club buddies in California and enjoying making new ones in TX. Be careful what you wish for because in the end you may find out the greatest thing is those you shared the experience with.

Posts: 8 | From: McKinney, TX | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zmonster
Contributor 2018
Member # 13563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zmonster   Email Zmonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've resided in GA, CO, NY, FL, KY. My fav was Colorado, but all have their merits. To me, it just depends what you make of it.

--------------------
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 1147 | From: Sweating somewhere in FL.... | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LongbowArchitect
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LongbowArchitect   Email LongbowArchitect   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, northern New Mexico, Montana.
Posts: 315 | From: CO | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©