3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » How many women on this site? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How many women on this site?
huntryx
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3322

Icon 5 posted      Profile for huntryx   Email huntryx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the figure for total site membership at 47K + and am curious as to how many are women? I have been aware of 2 or 3 other than myself over the years but I wonder how many are active still? Chime in!

--------------------
NYB Life Member
Compton's Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The Perfection of Imperfection"

Posts: 2548 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justracey
SPONSOR
Member # 19252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justracey   Author's Homepage   Email justracey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still here. Not as often as I should be though.

--------------------
Just get outside and blow the stink off!!!

www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 230 | From: Bronson, Mi. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least 2! [wavey] Hi Susan.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17412 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a slacker.
[dead horse]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15441 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see more that were active in the sport. Never can have to many ideas and opinions. It also will be the future of this thing we love, the more young women that get involved just help our base. That will keep this all alive and well.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 16018 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife is not a member here, but does the FB thing. In her quest to get me involved she points out all the benefits of having mine on page, like reconnecting with old friends etc...

Well here awhile back she joined a Traditional bow hunting FB page to show me what’s out there.

It’s funny to see her surfing that page and enjoying it. She’ll nudge me and say look at that great buck or here watch this video 😂

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4096 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killdeer, you sure are a slacker. Where you been girl? Lots of us here love your postings.
Posts: 4114 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X2 on Killdeer’s MIA

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4096 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntryx
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntryx   Email huntryx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Charlie how is Wisconsin?

So far we have 5 posts from men answering the question, two from women. Howdy Killdeer--

--------------------
NYB Life Member
Compton's Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2548 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irish Girl
Contributor 2017
Member # 42200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish Girl   Email Irish Girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visit a couple times a week, don't post much.

--------------------
Marsha Riley

Posts: 64 | From: Shawnee, Ks | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntryx
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntryx   Email huntryx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we need our own area on the site? I have to think we can learn from sharing our experiences with traditional equipment, which might be different than our "brothers' " experiences.....

--------------------
NYB Life Member
Compton's Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Friend
Contributor 2018
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If merely ten women were to both periodically generate topics and routinely submit posts on other active threads, they’re presence would be radiantly illuminated.

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6693 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, huntryx, I like the idea of the ladies being in the same pool as all others. After all, we generally consider each one of you as just another one of the guys. I mean that in a good way, so I hope it doesn't come across as offensive.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4944 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntryx
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3322

Not at all-- but I do think we have some different challenges.....

--------------------
NYB Life Member
Compton's Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huntrx,

if you have special challenges, and isolate yourselves, you won't be bringing us knuckledragging males along for the ride...

I'd say you need to encourage the women here to post more and share equally!

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13382 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©