3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Winter blues....pics added (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Winter blues....pics added
Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elksong   Email Elksong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this time of year in Colorado can be kinda tough as far as hunting goes. Archery season here has been closed since the end of September, unless you were lucky enough to hunt late season archery deer on the plains. There are still rabbits to hunt until the end of the month, but that's about it. Mt. lion is a pretty specialized hunt and not something too many people are lucky enough to do on a regular basis.
I'm lucky I hunt with my camera a bunch this time of year. It keeps my in the woods and field, keeping the senses sharp. Turkey is coming in a couple of months so there is that to look forward to. I have been shooting a bunch and dreaming of the trip to Africa I will be taking in June. A dream come true for a poor working stiff like me. That may be making the winter seem a little longer than usual.
So for now I fletch arrows, play with broadheads, shoot when it's not to cold or snowy out, and I read books written by the archers and hunters that came before us, about the incredible adventures they had. I know it will be spring soon and the mountains will thaw out and I'll be back in the high quiet places making my own adventures.
 -

--------------------
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Posts: 1558 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rraming
Contributor 2018
Member # 19822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rraming   Email rraming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, nice photo!
Posts: 1625 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got me dreaming of September.

That Africa trip is going to have to be thoroughly reported on.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3181 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually SC/Georgia is just heating up...no winter blues here [Smile]

-

-

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8595 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That’s just mean. 😂
Posts: 4845 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elksong   Email Elksong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tippit That's all well and good, but you don't have any Elk hunting down there. [Wink]

--------------------
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Posts: 1558 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elksong, why not send us a few elk? Then we will be complete.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4942 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

Complete? Your short a few of being complete even if you had Elk -Bighorn sheep, Desert Sheep, Mountain Goat, Moose, Pronghorn, Mt lion, Mule deer We have all those and we aren't even complete!LOL!

--------------------

Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

Like I said I hunt with my camera as much as I can when I can't hunt with my bow.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

-
 -
 -

--------------------

Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Complete or not-really enjoy the pics.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3123 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troy butler
Member # 3684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troy butler   Email troy butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elksong, those pics of the sheep are great. I would love to hunt those or just see some. They are my greatest animal on my list to hunt.
Posts: 50 | From: athens | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elk were reintroduced to NC several years ago. There have been reports that some of our herd has wandered into upper Ga and NW SC. There is now talk of a NC Elk season.

Give us some time. [Smile]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7506 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mahantango
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mahantango   Email mahantango   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, those are some beautiful pictures.

--------------------
We are all here because we are not all there.

Posts: 1174 | From: central Pa. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat stuff......that fox is cool.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 16014 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©