3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » New TallTines? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New TallTines?
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iowabowhunter   Email Iowabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon,

Not having much luck tracking down my old Talltines, soon as my wheel bow sells I'm going to be putting $ down on a new Talltines from Brian.

Let's see some pics! Last one I had was myrtle limbs, with coco and bocote in the riser. Photobucket's messed up all the old threads unfortunately.

Going with the recurve, probably 62"

Thanks everyone!

--------------------
Associate PBS member NRA member BHA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Posts: 1607 | From: 515->406->515 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops, just saw you are looking for a recurve.

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2103 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
creekwood
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 5903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for creekwood   Email creekwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

cocobolo riser and limb veneers

Posts: 851 | From: Linn County, Iowa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iowabowhunter   Email Iowabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creekwood that's beautiful

--------------------

Posts: 1607 | From: 515->406->515 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TradBrewSC
2017 Contributor
Member # 37182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TradBrewSC   Email TradBrewSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -

Posts: 952 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1/4 away
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 away   Email 1/4 away   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posts: 3971 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

I like the idea of going a different way, my last TallTines was gorgeous. Wondering if Brian can put some type of old school camo on the limbs? May have to look into that.

Keep the pics coming!

--------------------

Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Hey TradbrewSC-what kind of wood is on the riser of the bow in the second pic on the right? The lighter colored one.

Thanks!

--------------------

mec lineman
2017 Contributor
Member # 29030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mec lineman   Email mec lineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my 2 cent worth. I have a mrytle riser and a cocobolo dymond wood riser on my two stickflingers. Not only is the dymond wood gorgeous but the mass is pefect. If i could have one with any wood available, I think i would still pick his dymond wood with black glass limbs

--------------------
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!" Kota Killum, Tall Tines Stickflingers & Ten Ring strings

Posts: 721 | From: southern virginia | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Do you have a pic you can show me of the dymondwood by chance Craig?

--------------------

Sawpilot 75
Contributor 2017
Member # 18914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sawpilot 75   Email Sawpilot 75   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Brian has some stock bows left over from Kalamazoo. I've seen pics of a couple. They are gorgeous. Might check with him.
Posts: 802 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fred,
Don't know how you were able to find any "TIME" today to post that picture of your Tall tines [jumper] I "KNOW" just how "Bizzy" you been since yesterday's text ... [Razz] Very nice riser there Fred!

Posts: 4171 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TradBrewSC
2017 Contributor
Member # 37182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TradBrewSC   Email TradBrewSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Iowabowhunter:
Hey TradbrewSC-what kind of wood is on the riser of the bow in the second pic on the right? The lighter colored one.

Thanks!

My Recurve is Myrtle with a Zircote flare and Myrtle limbs. I love the long riser/ short limb set up, it is my go to.

-
 -

Posts: 952 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Looks great! Hoping to convince myself that the dymond wood riser will do haha

--------------------

Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey creekwood that's a beautiful looking bow !

--------------------
Steve Jr

3 PC Pronghorn 58"-#49-@26"
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2269 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©