3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Always listen to the Old Man. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Always listen to the Old Man.
Gcg2
Member # 47013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gcg2   Email Gcg2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang, well I went and checked out the place I used to hunt growing up and it brought back a lot of memories, thought I'd share my story. I had some pics but after reading everything on pic posting I can't figure it out. Here we go.

My dad introduced me into archery at a very young age and always told me "it's good for the soul son". By the time I was about 11 I got the bowhunting bug real bad and for the next 21 years it consumed me, it's all I thought about. Well when I was 32 we had a house fire with 100\ loss, I had lost everything including all my sentimental hunting gear that took so long to build up. I decided I was done with it. I missed shooting and hunting with my bow everyday and life felt incomplete. Eight years later I was talking to my dad and he says "I just want to shoot fish again boy" he's 74. Anyway two months ago I relocated to where he lives and picked up one of his kodiak mags and turns out he has always been right archery is good for the soul. We've been shooting together every day to get ready for the carp spawn. So here's to my Pops for bringing me in to the bowhunting world on more than one occasion.

Always Listen To The Old Man.

-

-

-

[ February 09, 2018, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Tony Van Dort ]

Posts: 7 | From: Amarillo Texas | Registered: Jan 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thumper Dunker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thumper Dunker   Email Thumper Dunker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Posts: 4001 | From: Modesto California | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MCS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCS   Email MCS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you both..
Posts: 429 | From: NewJersey, Monroe T.W.P. | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broken Arrows
Contributor 2015
Member # 19763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broken Arrows   Email Broken Arrows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper]

--------------------
Take the long way around.
Dwyer Endeavor 58" 64@29"
Super Shrew 58" 60@28"
Thunder Child 58" 60@28"
Toelke Pika 56" 60@29"

Posts: 382 | From: Washington | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4096 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D. Key
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. Key   Email D. Key   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said and welcome back. I wish I had my Dad back to hunt with again.

--------------------
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Posts: 2116 | From: Jasper, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DannyBows
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DannyBows   Email DannyBows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's good stuff right there! [clapper]

--------------------
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves". ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Posts: 4165 | From: Northeast Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is indeed good for the soul.
Posts: 4114 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper]

--------------------
Steve Jr

3 PC Pronghorn 58"-#49-@26"
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2269 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[archer]
Posts: 2479 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DMaster
Member # 9418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DMaster   Author's Homepage   Email DMaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitting the mark is the whole idea of righteousness. Indeed good for the soul.

--------------------
"Freedom is an internal achievement
rather than an external adjustment." ACP, Jr.
-=}|D} }|\/|{ASTER=>

Posts: 74 | From: Connecticut | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Butch Speer
Contributor 2014
Member # 1358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Butch Speer   Email Butch Speer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was good. [clapper]

--------------------
God Bless

Butch

Leon Stewart LS 60"50@27
Howatt High-Speed 58" 50@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Posts: 1162 | From: St. Clair, Mo. | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowcrowder66
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowcrowder66   Email Longbowcrowder66   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff there... You are so blessed to still have your dad. Spend everyday like its your last with him.. Do all the things he wants to do.. I lost my dad 27 years ago to cancer, he died way to young at the age of 55. I thing of him everyday and wish I could have one min with him today...I am now 51 and have a child of my own, and he calls me the old man... God Bless you and your dad....

--------------------
Floyd Crowder

Posts: 185 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [clapper] [clapper] [thumbsup]

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11933 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yelper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yelper   Email yelper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post. Thank you!
Posts: 13 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©