3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Favorite bows/dream bows? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Favorite bows/dream bows?
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is my Tall Tines Stickflinger. Hybrid performance and as quiet as a Hill bow. Brian came up with something special with that one. That being said, my other favorites are in my signature. My Cleland Stickbow is a sensational shooter, and is a bit different than some other bows. Gregg Coffeys bows have always been among my favorite ever, and Big Jims, and about a half dozen other bowyers 😂

--------------------
54" Shrew CH Carbon
60" Tall Tines
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7190 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zwickey-Fever
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zwickey-Fever   Email Zwickey-Fever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have owned and tried several different custom bows over the years. But never found one that fit or impressed me as much as my Martins, Hunter, Scorpion, Super Diablo, Mamba and hopefully one day Martins new Diablo Super Elite. I always keep my eyes open for old Martins as well. I was lucky enough to come an old Diablo on RMS Gear last October that I was blessed to harvest a beautiful coyote and 9 pointer the following weekend after receiving it.

--------------------
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
Genesis 27:3

Posts: 230 | From: Southern Iowa | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
East Fork
Member # 15284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Fork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Mohawk that is a current favorite. Smooth draw and so quiet on the release. Vince knows how to make a great bow!
Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have answered posts like this before and usually a few years I go back and see my answers have changed since then.

My favs right now are my Big Jim Thunderchild and my Black Ram Traditions recurve. Also I love my 60 kodiak and 68 Grizzly.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17412 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat   Email kat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At this stage of the game, my favorites and dream bows are the same. Between my Schafer Silvertips, and Blacktail recurves, I can't imagine any thing better. I am a lucky man.

--------------------
Ken Thornhill

Posts: 1810 | From: wilton, n.y. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buckeye1977
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say my favorite bows that I've had we're a Jordan stalker longbow, Bob Thompson zipper, and the kwyk styk I have now. My dream bow would have to be a 58" Schafer recurve

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 750 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doubleo
Contributor 2016
Member # 12581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doubleo   Email doubleo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite bow right now is my Howatt Hi-Speed, because I shoot it the best. My dream bows would be a Blacktail,Schafer,Tall Tines,Black Widow or Toelke.

--------------------
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Posts: 1498 | From: Plymouth,Wi. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GDPolk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GDPolk   Email GDPolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is the bow in my signature. Of the 200+ bows that I've owned or shot, it performs the best in my hands of any bow available regardless of price points from cheap production bows through $2500 customs.

As for a dream bow, I like the one in my signature although I do wish it were a 2-piece take down only because that would make traveling with it less cumbersome. I don't know if I would do fancy exotic veneers or just go with some bias cut grey laminate if I had to order another though. I love the pretty woods, but I hunt mostly in oaks and hickories and the grey bows just disappear in that environment and look almost just like the natural tree bark in the area.

--------------------
Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbow - 53.5lbs @ 29"
GT Traditional 5575 - 225gr up front for 22% FOC

Posts: 1437 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Traube
Contributor 2018
Member # 46833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Traube   Email Todd Traube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can’t decide which bow will be next Whip, Centaur, or Maybe a Schaefer recurve?? I I’ve been looking for a Whippenstick in 40-45#, but no luck yet. This hobby sure is addictive
Posts: 5 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny how that dream bow thing works......I wanted a Silvertip for years. Through buying and selling and trade'n I finally got one. I shot well with it and it has the best grip I have ever held. But it just did not trip my trigger. I have had a bunch of good bows but I just seem to get back to bows made by Chad Holms. I also have a bunch of ASL's that really are fun to shoot.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 16018 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Woodpuppy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Woodpuppy   Email Woodpuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One and the same for me too, Blacktails and Treadways. Will take delivery of a new Black Forest from Mike at TBOF this March.

--------------------
TBOF
Horse Creek Traditional Archey Club

Posts: 172 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnovo
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnovo   Email dnovo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a Caribow Featherhorn that I though about for a few years. Finally ordered one and got it about a year and a half ago. This is the one I'll hang on to for a long time.

--------------------
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Posts: 1595 | From: Imperial, MO | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRM_95
Contributor 2018
Member # 38163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRM_95   Email CRM_95   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've got mine. 2 of them. One is a Primal Tech longbow and then my Black Widow PCH. I love the Black Widow factory graybark pattern on my recurve, but my longbow is absolutely gorgeous. Both of them are shooters too!!
Posts: 685 | From: East TX | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K2   Email K2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite right now is my Howard Hill Special Edition Black Mamba followed by my 2PC Wes Wallace Royal and Yellowstone longbow. Ken
Posts: 1005 | From: Aurora CO | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Longbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Longbow   Email 1Longbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm plain jane. The bows that have fitted my style the best are the Martin hunters. would love to find one in a lefty at 45#'s. I've also had a Kanata and that grip fits very well. As I age ,I've been getting rid of the high poundage bows,but always looking for the Holy Grail of bows. don't know what it is ,but I'll know it when i shoot it
Posts: 467 | From: Prescott Valley ,Az. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©