3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Tarils End Bows - Dale Dye (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tarils End Bows - Dale Dye
straight_arrow
Contributor 2015
Member # 34481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for straight_arrow   Email straight_arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stopped by this afternoon to visit my good friend Dale Dye. Dale was gluing the tips on his final bow. Dale is retiring , turned 80 this past October. I have been blessed to be a close friend of Dale's, in my opinion he is clearly a living legend. His "Trails End" business is currently for sale. If anyone has interest give Dale a call 406-363-2983. Thanks, Mark

--------------------
"They're all trophies"

Posts: 470 | From: MT | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He had a strong following for years. His bows always looked great, I hope he enjoys himself in retirement.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 16014 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Night Stalker
Contributor 2017
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Night Stalker   Email The Night Stalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always said someone needs to continue making his bows.

--------------------
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 1305 | From: Ashe County, NC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sixby
SPONSOR
Member # 14586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sixby   Email Sixby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale is one of a kind. I repaired one of his bows that a guy broke and it was a wonderful piece of craftsmanship in every respect. I would expect his bows to be very collectable. I too probably glued up my last custom bow about two months ago. Lots of great bowyers to buy from but a lot of the baby boomers are retiring.
God bless, Steve

--------------------
http://www.eaglewingarchery.itgo.com

Posts: 3325 | From: Medford, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blueridge
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blueridge   Author's Homepage   Email Blueridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one, it’s a beauty and shoots great. Dale is a good one.

--------------------
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Posts: 1075 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda sad to see a true craftsman retire
Posts: 2215 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly one of the best indeed I wish him the best and knew this day would come but sad for sure dale is true salt of the earth and a fantastic bowyer!!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3254 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunting badger
Member # 2351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunting badger   Author's Homepage   Email hunting badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one of Dale's bow when I lived in Montana, killed a bull elk, black bear and numerous deer with it. I great bow and a great guy!
HAPPY TRAILS DALE!

Posts: 83 | From: Palmer, AK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ca
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ca   Email ca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was to late to get another one from him after he stopped taking orders.
Wonderfull bows.Whoever takes over his shop has high standards to fill.

--------------------
No Country for Old Men

Posts: 138 | From: WI | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trout man
Member # 36902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trout man   Email Trout man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great man,built me some awesome bows.So proud to call Dale my friend.
Posts: 94 | From: NY | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hope that someone would take Dale’s business, it would be a shame to loose such a great tradition. Happy Trail Dale, I enjoy the bows you made.

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9167 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A master and a really great guy!!

--------------------
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2862 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stykshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stykshooter   Email stykshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proud owner of 13 of your bows, enjoy retirement Dale, from your friend Frank Lopez
Posts: 959 | From: Miami Beach / Houston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TradBrewSC
2017 Contributor
Member # 37182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TradBrewSC   Email TradBrewSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man.. I have always admired these bows and hate that I never had him build me one.

Enjoy your retirement sir!

Posts: 952 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolf1007
Contributor 2017
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolf1007   Email Wolf1007   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale called me on Friday to tell me that my 58" Medicine Point was ready to ship!

Sounds like there is a good chance I might have the last Medicine Point he built?

He's always such a pleasure to deal with and I am proud to own two his bows.

--------------------
Dale Dye Trails End 60" 55#@28"
Schafer Silvertip 60" 55#@28"
Stalker Wolverine FXT 60" 51#@28"

Posts: 209 | From: Stafford, VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©