3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Wood arrow finish.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wood arrow finish..
Tedd
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tedd   Email Tedd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Crest, then free dip over it. (The manufacturer says have one coat of cap or clear under your cresting lines.)
Finished free dip clear coat takes a total of 3 or 4 coats. But it's easy and dries pretty fast. The clear gloss over your cresting will really make it look like a pro did it!
When I'm putting on my final clear coats I only dip past the crest. Because my arrows are tapered and I don't have any reason to add a few coats of thickness back there. It already has 2 coats of paint.
tedd

Posts: 2613 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyguysc
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyguysc   Email flyguysc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks ted for your help.

--------------------
Winners make commitments ,Loser make excuses

Posts: 216 | From: Beaufort ,sc | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Overspined
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Overspined   Email Overspined   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use acrylic paints and dip and hang a few coats of water based poly. Just let the acrylic paints or crest dry for a day before dipping so it doesn’t run. Then to fletch any glue is fine. I like superglue gel
Posts: 2112 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyguysc
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flyguysc   Email flyguysc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm impressed with the crown dip from True North,once I figured out the bubble issue. I put it into the dip tube and just let it set over night and used a a spare shaft to gently stir and the crowns came out find. There was some bubbles on the shafts and they ran off when I hung them to dry. Took two coats with a light sanding in between. I'm waiting on a Spin Rite crester should be here soon and I will have a couple pics to share.

--------------------
Winners make commitments ,Loser make excuses

Posts: 216 | From: Beaufort ,sc | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©