3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Buddies out hunting (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Buddies out hunting
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many people have good friends out hunting and you are stuck at work... I can't focus on work, just daydream about being with them and check for updates non stop.

It's awful. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17411 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcgroundstalker
Contributor 2018
Member # 10420

Icon 7 posted      Profile for mcgroundstalker   Email mcgroundstalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi There Charlie! [wavey]

I'm not out there hunting but working on the Cos Cob Archers 3D course to make it "feel" like hunting...

... mike ... [archer2] ...

--------------------
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Posts: 4157 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes yes........sometimes not so much!!!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 16014 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get told I do that to my friends a lot....

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2772 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cyclic, I think you are going to enjoy retirement when you finally get there! I guess I'm one of the dummies. I retired and then went back to work part time.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4942 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to see my friends get to hunt, and root for them to be successful, but if Iím stuck somewhere else, Iím also jealous because I want to be out there too!!!!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11933 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many pigs were seen. None harmed. It's warm where they are which makes me want to be there more, although 24 feels pretty darn good right now.

Regarding the retirement statement, I'm looking for future farming options that will allow for falls and winters off. Might try to pick up a part time job during those months. This plan is still a couple years out.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Posts: 17411 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but at least you're working in Wisconsin now! [biglaugh]
I used to be that guy - stuck at work and always wishing I was somewhere else.
Not anymore [goldtooth]

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10450 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Joe, where'd you get all that salt? Rubbing it into my wounds well lol

The boys are covered up in swine tonight.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

East Fork
Member # 15284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Fork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get a bit jealous also when my friends are out hunting, but that jealousy quickly disappears when I see them straining under the burden of packing out an elk.
Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Pigs are hitting the ground. Maybe after they get back some photos and stories will be posted.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Zmonster
Contributor 2018
Member # 13563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zmonster   Email Zmonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREAT time with old friends. Missed you out there Charlie. Hopefully next year. I'm planning the next trip already. The group definitely brought home some bacon. What a fantastic time.

--------------------
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 1146 | From: Sweating somewhere in FL.... | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -

I want to thank BigJim and Barbara for having us down to hunt. A great time was had by all and good memories made with old friends .

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6305 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie you where very much missed on this trip and i saved a pig for you by shooting right over its back [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6305 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Shooting, Drew! [clapper]

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB

Posts: 5575 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©