3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Black Eagle Vintage?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black Eagle Vintage?
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iowabowhunter   Email Iowabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering if anyone has used these shafts?

--------------------
Associate PBS member NRA member BHA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Posts: 1607 | From: 515->406->515 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a dealer from them and have shot them before.

Any specific questions?

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3076 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iowabowhunter   Email Iowabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious about the strength of the shaft. I'd put a brass insert in, like the bigger diameter allowing me to avoid an outsert.

--------------------

Posts: 1607 | From: 515->406->515 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowplow
Contributor 2015
Member # 41602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowplow   Email snowplow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gr per inch?
Posts: 464 | From: Wa | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limbshaker
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 34690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limbshaker   Email limbshaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to butt in, but I have a question about the Black Eagles?

Where are they manufactured?

I'm interested in these too.

--------------------
"Leaves are fallin all around..time I was on my way." -Led Zeppelin

Posts: 176 | From: Decatur, AL | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Hey Dustin, looks like they GPI comes out to this-

SPINE INNER DIAMETER OUTER DIAMETER GPI
350 .244" .303" 9.8
400 .244" .301" 9.2
500 .244" .297" 8.5
600 .244" .293" 7.9

--------------------

ShrtRnd
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShrtRnd   Email ShrtRnd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently run .350 Vintages out of both of my Robertsons in my signature below. I used BE's brass inserts (42gr) and added their 30gr brass weighs. On the biz end are 200gr RMS Cutthroats. All in, I'm at 605gr, I'm not sure what that works out on FOC percentage wise.

They're straight, well within their advertised tolerance. The cresting is spot on, not a waver between color changes. I haven't had any issues with the gluing of the vanes. The vanes themselves are holding up after upwards of 100+ shots, as is the arrows overall durability.

My only gripe with them is BE went and discontinued the Black/Orange color scheme for some odd reason. I'm not fond of the Orange/Yellow, Green/Yellow or Black & Red schemes, so my next batch will probably be just shafts.

-

--------------------
Robertson Stykbow Peregrine 60" #65@29"
Robertson Stykbow Prairie Falcon 62" #62@29"
Stalker Stickbow Coyote FXT R 62" #53@29" and LB 57@28"

Posts: 98 | From: Ont, Canada | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

I wish they could do the cresting but with different colors. It does look nice, but I think I'd just go with the regular shafts.

Thanks for posting those, they look good!

--------------------

acedoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acedoc   Email acedoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got some 300 full length from D&M who is s sponsor here. They are dialed in with 150 grain up front and 50 gr brass insert. I footed them with 2 inch aluminium shafts and they are holding up well.

--------------------
Trinity Falcon 64 inch r/d
Sky Wildfire ilf with foam carbon xxl limbs

Posts: 143 | From: india | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chain2
Contributor 2018
Member # 35093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chain2   Email Chain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They shoot well for me. 350 32" 50 gr brass insert /250 gr head. I prefer to buy the bare shafts.

--------------------
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Posts: 800 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tedd
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tedd   Email Tedd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 6 of them. They seem every bit as good as gold tip trads.
Tedd

Posts: 2614 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©