3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN MOVED TO The Shooters FORM Forum.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Three under longbow/recurve

Author Topic: Three under longbow/recurve
Steiger3208
Contributor 2018
Member # 38009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steiger3208   Email Steiger3208   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those that have both recurve and longbow do you find one being quieter than the other with three under? The reason I ask is because I only have longbows and the extra noise from the bow seems to be the twang of the string. If that being the case would the felt pads on the recurve limb tips be better at stopping the twang than the longbow with beaver fur? Thinking of purchasing a recurve.
Thanks, Wes

Posts: 117 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neargeezer
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 5561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neargeezer   Email neargeezer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I shoot with tension in either of my hands 3 under the shot will be loud, and the recurves will be the loudest.

If both of my hands are relaxed and I draw the bow with my elbow (back muscles), the shot will be quiet with either. It will always be quietest with the longbow.

Posts: 590 | From: RC, South Dakota | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©