JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2015 » The Trad Gang Doe (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Trad Gang Doe
Tajue17
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually don't post pics much but this Big Doe that dressed to 135# is really special to me because my equipment for this hunt I got here in the classifieds! the bow is a 53@28 Northern Mist Baraga that I bought cheap because it has some lower limb damage which is just under the finish but the reason it was a good deal, snuffer broadheads I traded woodsmans for and heritage 90's I bought off one of you over the summer, and I've been using Kathy's camo Soap for washing and hand washing hunting clothes.

I also was wearing an Asbell wool zip up I think morning mist but it got so hot from dragging its not in the pic, I've already had 5 deer that never noticed me in this coat.

thanks Trad Gang
 -

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3172 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Sanders
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Sanders   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Sanders   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Ted. Good going.

Tony

Posts: 758 | From: Shady Side, MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thumper Dunker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thumper Dunker   Email Thumper Dunker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one. [thumbsup]

--------------------
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Posts: 3991 | From: Modesto California | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KyStickbow
2017 Contributor
Member # 23941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyStickbow   Email KyStickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

--------------------
Aim small...Miss small!!

Posts: 2168 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a big old doe!!!!

Congrats,

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11887 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's a nice one congrats
Posts: 2169 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2nocks
Contributor 2016
Member # 38130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2nocks   Email 2nocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats! Nice Doe!
Posts: 386 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [Not Worthy] Well done!!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15950 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good looking doe and congrats on your bargains from the gang.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3115 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks guys and thanks to the gang really for the chat and good deals!!! after sleeping on it I remembered also bought the camo pants here ha ha AND I remembered the string I got here for free from a guy that was practicing making strings and was asking folks if they wanted one,, I'd mention names but don't know them all and didn't want to leave anyone out..

I'm 227lbs and look small compared to that big doe,,, my treestand is maybe 10' off the ground and this doe didn't look that big at all she honestly looked maybe 80-90lbs. the ground shrinking has been plaguing me lately and I've been passing on good deer because I think they are too small.

on a side note after I shot the doe it circled and ran back the way it came like they all try to do,,,,, about 5 minutes later a huge 10 pointer started walking right into the woods towards me where the doe came out,, I think he heard the commotion but the longbow is so dang quiet that's all he heard was a deer running and couldn't figure it out.. he was really big I think around 250# easy and looked way bigger than the doe I thought was medium size!!! the doe above was headed to where he was on that old carriage road. the buck just stared into the woods for about 10 minutes and just turned and stepped back out to disappear..

my awesome wife who never tracked and doesn't hunt or shoot a bow and has put up with me for 22yrs helped me track the deer, she thought it was fun and wants to do it again [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3172 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoachBGriff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoachBGriff   Email CoachBGriff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work! That is a big 'ol doe.

Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Posts: 1129 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
highlow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for highlow   Email highlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That doe does not look small in comparison to you. Way to go. [clapper]

--------------------
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Posts: 907 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bow loving man
2017 Contributor
Member # 4743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bow loving man   Email bow loving man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job, congrats!

--------------------
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Posts: 2019 | From: Texas Panhandle | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice deer sir! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7162 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on a BIG NANNY!!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3235 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©