JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2015 » Michigan 8pt (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Michigan 8pt
Gvan
Member # 20228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gvan   Author's Homepage   Email Gvan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several years ago I switched to a longbow from a compound bow. It was a rough first year but once it started to click, it's been the most enjoyable hunting years since I started hunting. Special thanks to Chuck (Two Tracks) for helping me in this journey. The goal the last couple years is to videotape these hunts so I can share the enjoyment of traditional hunting with others. Last year I had a great hunt and managed to get it all on camera while self taping (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSrdHRGxcoM). I wasn't sure that it would ever come together like that again.

Well, the other day I found a buck that just read the script... almost perfectly. I had seen a bunch of activity throughout the evening and had a nice 8pt in to about 30yds but just wouldn't come out into the open or come closer. I was grunting at him lightly to see if I couldn't coax another 10yds out of him to get a shot when this buck came into the picture. When the larger racked buck saw him come into the woods, he turned and immediately started walking away. I was looking for something a little bigger as I taped this buck coming in but as he got closer, I noticed that he was much larger bodied than the one I was hoping to get a shot at.

With the good footage I was getting, I thought that I'd better try to shoot him. I grabbed the bow when he was at about 20yds and he stopped at about 18yds perfectly. I took the shot and was very surprised when I hit him high and dropped him. I put another one in him quickly. Come to find out, he really dropped quite aways. It made me feel a little better about my first shot.

After walking up on him, I saw that he was huge for our area. In our group of 15+ bowhunters in Shiawassee area, we've never weighed a buck that hit the 200lb mark field dressed. This one was right on that mark! My biggest bodied Michigan deer.

Here's the video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD4ilt-SOvQ

-

-

-

--------------------
Two Tracks Longwalker 60" 54#
Arrow Dynamics Trad Lite
Centaur Big Game Head 170grain

Posts: 48 | From: Perry, MI | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akdd
Contributor 2015
Member # 15418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akdd   Email akdd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats looks like a brute
Posts: 468 | From: Alaska | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bullfrog 1
Contributor 2016
Member # 10432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullfrog 1   Email Bullfrog 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great deer and Vid!! Bill
Posts: 1035 | From: Maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2017
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats sir...

,,Sam,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2543 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job!!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1280 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrushWolf
Contributor 2016
Member # 24340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrushWolf   Email BrushWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one. Congrats !

--------------------
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Posts: 1287 | From: OHIO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome buck!

Congrats,

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11718 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ymountainman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ymountainman   Email ymountainman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That second shot was perfect congrats.
Posts: 306 | From: AR | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Footage and Buck. Congrats!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16914 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job and awesome job on the video footage!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3153 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joeabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joeabowhunter   Email Joeabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video. Congrats. Nov 7 was a hot day around here too.
Posts: 1331 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowwally
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowwally   Author's Homepage   Email Longbowwally   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice buck and enjoyed the video…..

--------------------
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Posts: 1053 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntercole
Contributor 2016
Member # 23780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntercole   Email huntercole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the nice buck! Awesome video too!

--------------------
Stalker Stickbows Wolverine FXT
Stalker Stickbows Coyote SL
Thunder Stick Mag
Toelke Whip

Posts: 117 | From: Iowa | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djohnson
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djohnson   Email djohnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

Darren

--------------------
John 3:16

Posts: 720 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LIBowhunter
Contributor 2016
Member # 35406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LIBowhunter   Email LIBowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!! nice video..enjoyed it!

--------------------
--------------------------------
LIFE IS GOOD!
--------------------------------
NY Bowhunters Member
NRA Member

Posts: 189 | From: Long Island,NY | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©