JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2016 » Finally VA Buck down.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finally VA Buck down....
2hats
Contributor 2014
Member # 16363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2hats   Email 2hats   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
Well its been a dry spell for me this year.No shots on any deer with my Zipper Nitro unti today. First day of Virginia Muzzle Loader Season and my bud Nook encouraged me to stay at it.
So this morning off to one of my Ole Man Ladder Stands.
Soon after day break a doe appeared and headed away from me. A few minutes later a rustle of leaves caught my attention and a small 3 pt was chasing a couple fawns. Well the woods became a playground and lots of excitement began.
The 3 pt made his way near me walking at a steady pace,18yds full draw and thump,shot right under him. I just shook my head in grief.I waited all season and I blow it.Thats bow hunting.
He walks away and I notice a 5 pt making his way and he chases off the 3 pt and takes his does with him.
I felt disgusted but happy to have witnessed Mother Natures own plans. Hearing fox hounds in the distance and wondering if they would help me out in pushing deer my way.Around 9:20 two does come from down the ridge at 12 yds but would not stop where I needed to.I again just grinned and shook my head. I noticed that they were looking back up the trail,I eased around and seen the 5pt standing 1o yards behind a small white pine. He was heading down a trail that was presenting a tough shot angle. I seen he wasn't too anxious on coming any further.I picked a spot released a magnus tipped Heritage 75 arrow into the top of the back down into the lungs. He ran off and I didn't know how good the hit was but I saw him go out of sight and thought I heard a crash. Got down 30 minutes later and started finding blood within 10 yards. The trail was easy to follow and after 100 yards or so there lay my trophy of the year. I almost gave up this year but really glad I didn't and the feeling of this reward reminds me why I do this..A big thanks to Nook for sharing this memory and helping me drag.

Danny

--------------------
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Posts: 854 | From: charlottesville,va | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding.

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4270 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A.S.
SPONSOR
Member # 9316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A.S.   Email A.S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great job buddy! All those 3D targets that we shoot all year finally paid off!!

[clapper] [archer]

--------------------
http://www.tenringstrings.com

custom flemish twist bowstrings

Posts: 4257 | From: Ruckersville, Va | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Denbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Denbow   Email Jack Denbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Danny. Congratulations.
Jack

--------------------
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Posts: 1626 | From: Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ymountainman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ymountainman   Email ymountainman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting!
Posts: 306 | From: AR | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go!

Congrats!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11930 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go buddy, Leah said it's about time!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 7029 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cool Springer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cool Springer   Email Cool Springer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Danny. I knew you would come through!

--------------------
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Posts: 292 | From: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1221 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kleine
Contributor 2018
Member # 22357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kleine   Email kleine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!!

--------------------
Dwyer Endeavor 58" 50#@28"
Striker Fastback 58" 50#@28"
Kanati 58" 50#@28"
Kodiak 59' - 60" 48#@28"

Posts: 352 | From: Plainfield Iowa | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
Contributor 2018
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mighty fine work!

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6692 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
2017 Contributor
Member # 258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Author's Homepage   Email Tim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Danny! Good things happen to good people! Usually... [biglaugh]
Posts: 2864 | From: Southeastern PA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nook
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great day in the deer woods... Congrats again brother.. [archer2]

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Posts: 1122 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2hats
Contributor 2014
Member # 16363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2hats   Email 2hats   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks yall.I really needed this harvest just to see if I could still do it..hahaha

--------------------
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Posts: 854 | From: charlottesville,va | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1314 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©