JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Prayers/Concerns/Honors/Ailments » Galen/ aka Benbow, is gone.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Galen/ aka Benbow, is gone.
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all knew him as Glenbow, but Galen's wife, Maxine, just text me that Galen passed into Jesus' care on Nov 3rd...when I stopped getting replies to emails to him, and he stopped posting, I figured something wasn't going well...

I know he was well respected on many sites and I will miss his friendship.

Rest in peace, ole hoss...you earned it and I"m sure you heard our Lord say, "Well done, Good and Faithful servant!"

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13338 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc,
I also was wondering how he was and I thank you for letting us all know .
I enjoyed reading how much He Loves Jesus and Yes I'm certain he heard "Well Done" and prayers to family,friends and I too will miss his words of wisdom here as well!
No more pain Galen you are Home my friend!
God Bless ya Doc for letting us all know!

Posts: 4121 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear....What a fight he had....What an education he gave....What a blessing he was.

--------------------
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 2456 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 4dogs:
So sorry to hear....What a fight he had....What an education he gave....What a blessing he was.

Mark, those are beautiful words. I'm sure Galen would be over whelmed to see/hear/read them.

You are so very right, Keith, but my heart is still heavy and I hate that about myself.

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13338 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad to hear this.

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB

Posts: 5503 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord receive your faithful servant in your loving arms. May he rest in eternal peace. Sad to hear that he passed and on my birthday too. But he is born into the Lords care and will live eternally with HIM.

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Posts: 7914 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lunatic11
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lunatic11   Email lunatic11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not suffering anymore.He's home with Jesus.
Posts: 455 | From: Nacogdoches,TX | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Thanks, Guys...I went out and got a card for his widow to mail to NM.

Never talked to Galen but we emailed a LOT... He built a set of limbs for a defunct riser I had and we may have talked way back then... it was a long, long time ago...

He was a hobby bowyer... did well at it too.

Yes, indeed, he's living in Glory now... I feel for his bride...they were TIGHT! [Frown]

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earthly death is simply the beginning of life eternal in the kingdom of our Lord.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4814 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lowrider
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lowrider   Email Lowrider   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear of Galen's passing. Sorry to say that I never new him except from his postings here. He truly was an inspiration to all of us with his belief and love of God. Prayers sent to his family to help them in this difficult time.
Posts: 700 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear of this. He suffered so much over the last few years. May God rest his soul. Saint Pio, please grant an intercession and assist our brother on his journey into the eternity of God's kingdom. Prayers for Maxine during this most difficult time, as she has been suffering as well.

--------------------
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1400 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was a fighter........ [pray] May he rest in peace.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15868 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I have been away too long. Galen was truly inspirational in his fight and his ability to love completely and help others in their fights as well. he was a family man and well loved and respected.

I will miss his written contributions.

Rest in Peace and prayers to loved ones.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17179 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

AT a Friend's Memorial service, his preacher said, "He was a man of Character and a character of a man!"

Those words are ones to live by. I'd be proud to have someone say those about my life!

Galen was indeed a man of Character... I don't know about the rest but he had a whimsical sense of humor in our email sharings! [Smile]

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©