INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN MOVED TO PowWow.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad » Main Forums » Prayers/Concerns/Honors/Ailments » SHOULDER REPLACEMENT -- number 2

Author Topic: SHOULDER REPLACEMENT -- number 2
smokin joe
Member # 15756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin joe   Email smokin joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow morning I will go to the hospital to have another shoulder replacement. I had my right shoulder replaced in November of 2016. Tomorrow I will have my left shoulder replaced. I shoot right handed.

My left shoulder has the same problems that my right one did: severe osteoarthritis, complete erosion of the cartilage on the bearing surfaces, and bone-on-bone grinding. The shoulder is completely worn out and pretty useless at this point, so replacement is the best course of action

My right shoulder replacement turned out to be a blessing and I was shooting within about 3 months after the surgery. But my left shoulder was not too far behind in wearing out.

I am going to chronicle the process here as I did with my right shoulder replacement. I suspect that things might progress a bit differently with a bow-hand shoulder versus a string-hand shoulder -- and time will tell.

I hope that writing about my experience and about how I return to trad archery and bowhunting will help inform others who might face shoulder replacement in the future.

Wish me luck. By this time tomorrow I will have another new titanium and polymer shoulder joint.

Posts: 2256 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawkeye n pa
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawkeye n pa   Email hawkeye n pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck with this in addition to the prayers sent.

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Posts: 461 | From: apollo,pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 39387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achigan   Email achigan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
G'luck with it Joe, I'll be reading along.

PBS Associate
"The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places. Indeed my heritage is beautiful to me."

Posts: 673 | From: Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8upbowhunter   Email 8upbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck and I will be praying for a full and speedy recovery.

Posts: 186 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hud   Author's Homepage   Email Hud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2137 | From: Ridgefield, Wa. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat   Email kat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck. I will be following this.

Ken Thornhill

Posts: 1815 | From: wilton, n.y. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
have a Marine buddy (retired due to many issues) that had both and he loves to hunt and fish and does well with them...he's had both shoulders and both hips... got messed up in a prison riot he was guarding at Gitmo years back...

You'll do fine... you know the ropes and how to push thru the pain and God is with you, if you but keep the faith and let His will be done! [Smile]

The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13398 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for olddogrib   Email olddogrib   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Say it ain't so, Joe! Nobody should have to endure that twice. Prayers sent. I had my doubts that you might be a bit overly optimistic the first go round...but if you can get through the string shoulder I'd think the bow shoulder would be easier. Then again, what do I know...I'm just a three arthroscopy, panty-waisted are my hero (and the only one who'd I take being called that off of, lol)

"Wakan Tanka
Wakan Tanka
Wichoni heh"

Posts: 1673 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 12213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amicus   Email amicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for a speedy recovery.

The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Posts: 1170 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad ©