JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » Build along, super glue and leather bow handle (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Build along, super glue and leather bow handle
DCM
Charter Member
Member # 107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DCM   Email DCM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really beautiful work Dave.
Posts: 1316 | From: Memphis, Tn | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'46
Contributor 2014
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted      Profile for '46   Email '46   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just beautiful Dave. Nice job. I can testify to how nice this is, having seen it on one of your bows last summer. Thanks.

--------------------
George
_------------->

Posts: 1586 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Bulla
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Bulla   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bulla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
George, you're gonna need to get that bow of yours done for mojam so I can see it. Of course, if you don't have it done by then we could set down together and do it in about an hour or two.

J.D., you could bet there's only one direction I'd wrap the leather if I were to do that kind of handle, THE RIGHT WAY!!!! [readit] [bigsmyl]

A man's gotta stand by his opinions eh?

By the way, if anyone has any questions about this or thinks I didn't explain somethine, feel free to ask.

--------------------
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Posts: 3285 | From: Kansas City MO | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Bulla
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Bulla   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bulla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TTT for huntinut.

Blair, you could do this method on the belly side of your handle to make the humps you talked about.

--------------------
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Posts: 3285 | From: Kansas City MO | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joseph_valencia
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joseph_valencia   Email joseph_valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Dave: I bet this method of appling leather would work on string knocks too. I think sveral different colors in layers would look great. And I think your work and pictorial is great

--------------------
joseph

Posts: 121 | From: norman, okla. | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Bulla
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 744

Joseph, I've thought about using this for tip overlays but have nevr tried it. I think it would work just fine on a selfbow with a dacron string but I don't know if it would hold up to strings like Fast Flight. The stuff gets real hard but I doubt it's as hard as the phenolics normally used for FF strung bows.

--------------------
Dave

Squirrel Bait
SPONSOR
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squirrel Bait   Email Squirrel Bait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TTT

--------------------
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Posts: 984 | From: Winder,Georgia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticguido
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
that was nicely done... Question: would that also stiffen a bendy handle on a bow?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbow_Jim
Member # 9805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbow_Jim   Author's Homepage   Email Longbow_Jim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that looks realy nice you would never say its lether going on the bow im working on now thanks for the build along

--------------------
www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LongshoreLongbows

Posts: 59 | From: newfoundland | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©