JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » String Tracker....How-to (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: String Tracker....How-to
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Lamb   Email Charlie Lamb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I had my camera up and running... wife borrowed it and a half hour later I was cameraless.
[banghead]

Anyway... I made an adapter out of a T shaped flange I got at the hardware store. Covered it with leather and applied velcro to it. With a patch of velcro on the side of the bow I can put the tracker right next to my arrow and out of sight behind the bow.

Will try to figure out how to take some pics.

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Posts: 11323 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooseman76
Contributor 2017
Member # 7374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooseman76   Email mooseman76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt, that little bracket looks like the ticket there. I think I'm gonna be trying a tracker this year...Mike
Posts: 1713 | From: Tuscarora, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
draco
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for draco   Email draco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have another way that people that don't use bow quivers should try. It is made with a 6" long piece of 2" wide elastic and a 12" long piece of 5/8" elastic and some Velcro. The pictures show it and how it fits on the bow.

I've used the spools like this for over twenty years now with no problems what so ever. All my hunting buddies use them as well. In stands where multiple shots are a possibility and you shoot something you can take the spool off, put it in a fork of a limb and add another spool and keep on hunting with out cutting the line. That way if they should run again, line will still play out.

-

-

-
 -
 -

Posts: 332 | From: Georgetown,Texas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooseman76
Contributor 2017
Member # 7374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooseman76   Email mooseman76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
draco, that is a nifty little design. I like it...Mike
Posts: 1713 | From: Tuscarora, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bringing this up for someone that was asking about them...

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17671 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ttt

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2686 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marvin M.
Contributor 2008
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marvin M.   Email Marvin M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Draco,

Do you have a pattern for that? That looks very simple and easy to operate -- always a plus in my book.

Posts: 1456 | From: Central Kentucky | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VTer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VTer   Email VTer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does a stringtracker affect shooting thru shoot-thru netting, or can you?

--------------------
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
- Doug Lawson.

Posts: 1310 | From: Essex Junction, Vermont | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is thru the net.....

-

String just follows thru the hole created by the BH.....

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

Posts: 17671 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.S.TRAPPER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K.S.TRAPPER   Email K.S.TRAPPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was the camera man on this hunt and had the chance to film Curt shooting turkeys and deer through the netting and could not see were it effected the flight at all.

I have watched those shots over and over also frame for frame in slow motion and the tracker worked great. He has sold me on them thats for sure. [Wink] That was fun buddy I can't wait to do it again.

Tracy

--------------------
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Posts: 3341 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VTer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VTer   Email VTer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guru, thanks for the info and nice shot on the deer. Trapper, nice camera work.

--------------------
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
- Doug Lawson.

Posts: 1310 | From: Essex Junction, Vermont | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cooncrazy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cooncrazy   Email cooncrazy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can you still buy them string trackers i ve not seen them for sale for years wish i still had my old ones

--------------------
walk softly and carry a big stick

Posts: 151 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Sure can...

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©