JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » This years turkey challange..."Ghillie up"! (video up with finished product P.4) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: This years turkey challange..."Ghillie up"! (video up with finished product P.4)
Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking good Curt. Good luck with it. I love my Ghillie.

--------------------
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1400 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coming along real nice Curt! Look forward the hunting trip soon to follow!

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6947 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, Yes I probably will use it some come this fall. Really looking forward to some close-up encounters with deer.

Jonathan, Do a google search on Ghillie's, I know there's places where you can buy just materials.

Joe, It's not bad at all to shoot with it on. Just need to keep material short or non at all anywhere there's a chance to catch the string.

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17671 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Installment 5:

Ghillie'n up my bow....

First off, as you can see the finish is shot on "Timex", these pix were taken a few days ago. In the next day or two, I'll add some camo tape to the limbs and back of the riser. Also have an idea to add a little burlap to the limbs for a little more camo.

Here you can see I've tied strips of burlap, strung burlap, and jute randomly on any part of the riser where it would stay in place...
•  -

•  -

To cover the quiver hood with material, i first tied some netting to the hood, then tied in my material...
•  -

•  -

•  -

This part was inspired by Joey Buchanan "Joebuck" and the turkey he killed last week. Joey was using a modified "Hidden Draw" bow blind on his bow. That got me thinking that I needed to come up with something similar.

I wanted it to be easily removable, not "shoot thru"(small hole in the middle to look and shoot thru), and lightweight.

This might be the most effective part of the whole "system"...
•  -

•  -

•  -

Still need to work out a few little bugs, but it works great to hide my draw arm!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

Posts: 17671 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zafu0J1YZE

And of course, natural colored feathers on my Carbonwoods...
•  -

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

DW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DW   Author's Homepage   Email DW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
COOL Thread Curt!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1486 | From: northeast alabama | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wv lungbuster
2017 Contributor
Member # 18161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wv lungbuster   Email wv lungbuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man thats a great idea, really keeps your draw arm hidden.

--------------------
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Posts: 1917 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John3
Contributor 2017
Member # 571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John3   Email John3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great detailed work as per usual Curt.. I'm sure the birds will be in trouble come your season opening. Mid May in NY?

I am after Turkeys in the morning another spring without a blind... I'm hunting my ASAT Ultimate 3D in the morning.

We will see... [banghead]

John III

--------------------
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor". Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 2944 | From: Berger, Missouri | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirtybird
Contributor 2016
Member # 21130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirtybird   Email Dirtybird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome. You and Joey got some great ideas. Great build along.
Posts: 2457 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m midd
Contributor 2016
Member # 20067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m midd   Email m midd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Heres my ghillie and the $7 dollar wal mart boonie.

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Posts: 1413 | From: jonesboro Arkansas | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m midd
Contributor 2016
Member # 20067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m midd   Email m midd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

And my 1st turkey with a bow.. It was awesome

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Posts: 1413 | From: jonesboro Arkansas | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbetts
Contributor 2016
Member # 20318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbetts   Email kbetts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Figures. I just got a bow I thought I didn't want a quiver on. Pretty slick.

--------------------
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away." Phish

Posts: 1843 | From: Milford Delaware | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job Curt .... that bow blind video was slick ... good luck to ya

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4711 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a blast this morning. I called in a nice longbeard to about 25 yds. I was standing leaning on one small tree and looking around another about the same size on my other side. I had buck brush in front of me but nothing behind me. I thought he'd come in that direction but no...lol he came from behind me. I was holding my bow as still as I could but I noticed the broadhead was moving as was my heart...lol He saw something he didn't like.

I had a blast! Maybe tomorrow. I won't be wearing the leafy stuff, it'll be back to my ghuillie.
God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12024 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent work once again bud!
Those turkeys are in BIG trouble! [thumbsup]

Posts: 3053 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©