JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Tilley Hats (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tilley Hats
bctgrad
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bctgrad   Email bctgrad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone seems to be looking for the perfect hat, and I finally found mine.

About a year ago I bought a Tilley T3. Iíd read a lot about them and knew a couple of people who owned one, so I decided to give one a try. I was in Omaha on business and visited a local store that carried a variety of Tilley styles. After trying a few on I decided the T3 was the one for me. The brim is large enough to protect my face and neck from the sun and itís flexible enough and formed in such a way that it doesnít interfere with my string when I shoot my bow. Iíve put it through some pretty tough field tests over the past year including a 2 week stay in Uganda and itís held up to everything Iíve thrown at it. One trip through the washing machine and it looks almost new.

If youíre still looking for a great hat, I suggest that you give Tilley a try.

Here are a couple of pics of the Ugandan field test:

-

-

-

Brian

Posts: 167 | From: Grain Valley, MO | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TOEJAMMER
Contributor 2017
Member # 20372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOEJAMMER   Email TOEJAMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian, If I might ask and assuming you're the one with the pickaxe in hand, what is the knife on your belt?
Thanks,

Posts: 950 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Clark
Contributor 2015
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Clark   Email Greg Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bit the bullet a couple years ago and bought one after looking at them for a couple years (price held me back). I will never own another brimmed hat for working outside. Great Hats!!!!!
Posts: 364 | From: Stanton, Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToxophilitePastor
Contributor 2012
Member # 5031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToxophilitePastor   Email ToxophilitePastor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, I just ought one.

--------------------
He (Jesus Christ) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together (Col. 1:17).

Moab - 64", 55@27"
Hill Cheetah - 66", 58@28"

Posts: 228 | From: Swansea, SC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geezer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geezer   Email Geezer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own a Tilley TH4 (Brown Hemp) and am enjoying in on my stump shoots. I may give it a try on a hunt someday.

--------------------
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
RMEF / NWTF

Posts: 323 | From: So. Colorado | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cromm
Contributor 2015
Member # 15771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cromm   Email Cromm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great hats. I love mine. Been all over with it and it has stood up to everything I can throw at it.
Posts: 289 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Falkner
Contributor 2017
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Falkner   Email Mike Falkner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine's been to Uganda, Belize (twice), Cambodia, China and various parts of Mississippi. Good value in the long run.

--------------------
Mike

Psalms 44:6

Posts: 236 | From: Pontotoc, MS | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pardy
Member # 22761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pardy   Email Pardy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had mine for over two years now and it has become my standard wear for the outside. It fits great and is made with outstanding quality

--------------------
And you are complete in Him...Colossians 2:10

Posts: 10 | From: St Thomas, ON, Canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wolfhaven
Member # 23568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wolfhaven   Email wolfhaven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're pretty good. I had two of them, the only thing you need to watch out for is, they get a sweat stain pretty quick along the brow area, but whatever you do, don't use a stain remover. The hat will fall apart at that area when washed. I know, it happened to me. Tilley replaced the hat free of charge, but, the 2nd one still got a pretty good stain along the fore head area, and I have not used stain remover, just simple washing and it still came apart a little.

I'll not get another one, because I've found a great hat that can take a beating and stay together ( a good ole' boonie from the army, navy supplier) and it cost 1/3 of a Tilley.

But they're still a good hat, Tilley just needs to add a little more material to the fore head area.

Posts: 4 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Clark
Contributor 2015
Member # 3194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Clark   Email Greg Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not saying that Wolfhaven did not have an issue with his hats, but I have washed mine many times on the gentle cycle with my regular detergent and have had no issues with the hat falling apart or showing any signs of weakening.
Posts: 364 | From: Stanton, Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bow'narrow
Member # 12046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bow'narrow   Email bow'narrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fellows I hunt with wear them and swear by them. But here they are know as "pot-likker" hats.

--------------------
no clue how to do this

Posts: 97 | From: salmon, idaho | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bow'narrow
Member # 12046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bow'narrow   Email bow'narrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fellows I hunt with wear them and swear by them. But here they are know as "pot-likker" hats.

--------------------
no clue how to do this

Posts: 97 | From: salmon, idaho | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
Contributor 2017
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have one...a T2. Only use it for dove hunting or out chasing redfish as it has a large brim. Lifetime warranty and great product....

very popular here along the coast for farmers and fishermen alike.....and paddlers. [Smile]

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1763 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickandstring
2017 Contributor
Member # 4962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickandstring   Email stickandstring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My T3 has been all over, Zimbabwe too.
Posts: 977 | From: northern virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blueridge
Contributor 2017
Member # 24304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blueridge   Author's Homepage   Email Blueridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine has been on ten 15 day mission trips to Kenya and Tanzania since 2006. Still looks brand new after 500 miles or so of hiking.Great hats.

--------------------
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Posts: 1039 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©