JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hunter's Choice Bowstrings
Rock 'N Bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock 'N Bow   Email Rock 'N Bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to give praise to DanielB89 for his quality string making ability. I have purchased strings from many of the sponsors on this site, and I've always been pleased, but these strings have exceeded my expectations. I was in the market for an endless loop string, which not many people make these days.

First of all, these strings were priced very affordably. My wife and I just had our second child, so money for hobbies is limited. Another consideration was the turn around time. I took a chance on a young string maker.

The string arrived in less than a week. My initial reaction upon inspecting the string was how neatly the strands were bundled together. Definitely better than other endless loop strings I've used in the past. I strung up my Fedora longbow and took a shot. My wife actually exclaimed "Your bow is quiet now!". Not that it was particularly loud before, but now it was noticeably quieter. The nock fit was absolutely perfect for the Easton G nocks I specified for this string build.

In conclusion, I feel Daniel's abilities in string making far exceed his age. Try out his strings. I'm glad I did.

--------------------
Wapiti Spike Longbow 64" 58#@29"
J.K. Traditions Kanati 58" 58#@29"
Kim Sha Traditions 64" 49#@28"
Belcher Union Jack 66" 52#@27"
Whippenstick Classic 66" 53#@28"

Posts: 466 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
threeundr
Contributor 2016
Member # 12940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for threeundr   Email threeundr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received a new string from Daniel on Monday. I have owned alot of good bow strings over the years and Hunter's Choice are right up there with the best of them! I had Daniel make me up a BCYX with padded loops and cat wiskers already installed. It looks great. It really quieted my recurve down and I picked up several feet per second in the process. You really can't beat the turn around time either. Definitely worth giving a try!

--------------------
-Leonard-

Posts: 977 | From: Whitehouse, Tx. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PastorSteveHill
Contributor 2018
Member # 12323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PastorSteveHill   Email PastorSteveHill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say enough about the strings that D. Binkley makes! I've had bows that I just can not get quite and every time, I call Dano' and get a custom string made and "Bingo" The bow whispers!

Great guy of integrity and bowstring maker!

You will be happy you invested in one of these strings!

--------------------
Blessings,
Steve

Posts: 2682 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toxophilus_Rex
Member # 45098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toxophilus_Rex   Email Toxophilus_Rex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met him at the Chester Shoot. I had just traded a recurve for a longbow. I hated the noise coming out of the bow, but I shot it well. This fella sharing the same bunkhouse pulls out a new string, sets it up on my bow, puts silencers on it, and we head to the range. I was happy that I would get to see what difference added brace, and a new string would do for sound. well needless to say it was whispering in no time. I asked him how much I owed him, and he just smiled and said its your's. What a guy, and ive been shooting that string since, and its awesome. will be buying all my strings from him in the future.
Posts: 1 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hitman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitman   Email hitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to try a fast flight string so I took a chance with hcb strings and have since ordered more from Daniel. Cannot say enough about the quality of strings ,the service and and everything else good. Recommend highly!

--------------------
Black Widow PSAX RH 58" 47#@28
Samick Sage 62" 40#@28"
PSA Kingfisher RH 45#@28
Treadway longbow RH 60" 46#at 28"
W.Va. Bowhunters Association life member
Pope and Young associate member
Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters life member

Posts: 1647 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indianalongbowshooter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indianalongbowshooter   Email indianalongbowshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel makes excellent strings at a fair price.

--------------------
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Posts: 2992 | From: rockville,indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JusAGuy
Member # 46204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JusAGuy   Email JusAGuy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gotta give a "High Five" for Daniel's strings as well.

I ordered two (one for my daughter's recurve and one for mine) a day before he was heading out for vaca.

He said, "No problem, I'll get them out before i leave" - and he did!!!

I LOVE my string (and am now reminded I need to order a backup). It helps my bow shoot so quiet and the speed increase was amazing (over the D50 dacron it came with).

Thanks Daniel!!!

--------------------
Southwest Archery "Spyder" recurve (lefty)
+35lb limbs
+60lb limbs
Hunters Choice Bowstring

Posts: 82 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckster
Contributor 2015
Member # 8884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckster   Author's Homepage   Email buckster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with everything here. I have hunted with Daniel and he has made me several great strings. Attention to detail and performance are unsurpassed! We are lucky to have some the best string makers around the world here at TG!

Thanks Daniel! [clapper]

--------------------
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Posts: 2790 | From: Central AR | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©