Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » VLBB TAB custom handmade by Laszlo Vaga

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VLBB TAB custom handmade by Laszlo Vaga
trasher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trasher   Email trasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've ordered a cordovan splitfingertab from Laszlo Varga (VLBB) in Hungary.
The tabs are available in size L and size M, 78*78 and 70*70 mm. If you are unertain about your size he will send you a printable pattern, which helps you to decide. If none of them suits you there is still a customised size option.
You also can order different thicknesses between 1.2 till 1.9 mm.
I'm shooting the tab now for a week intensively.

the first thing I thought was.... how long does it take to feel really comfortable with the new tab and did I feel the string. I love to feel a string (who does not like it...). [Big Grin]
I don't want a tab that feels like mitts.
My old tab feels like a part of my body and fingers. It was a "Martin SAM super archery mitt".
After picking up the tab from the postoffice, I shot the tab at evening for about 3 hours and what shall I say:
I put it on and it fits perfect. The first shot went well but the feeling was unfamiliar and strange.
But after about 20 - 30 shots it feels more and more familiar and comfortable so I go on.
After the 3 h and about 200 shots it feels like I had never used another tab.

Great work Laszlo really.
This is my tab and I will never shoot another on.
The release is quick, smooth and very soft.
I'm really surprised how fast the tab feels normally to me because all other tabs I've tried need much more time or didn't work at all.
Also the thickness of the cordovan Laszlo advised for my draw weight is perfect.
I can feel the string realy good, it is exactly as I had imagined.
Also the tab is build very solid.
I ordered both without fingerspacers and the VLBB logo.
Great Product.

VLBB Tabs by Laszlo Vaga

And by the way Laszlo is a heck of a guy it makes pleasure to deal with.

My orange VLBB tab and My dark brown VLBB tab

-  -

--------------------
Trying to get the bow a part of me!

Posts: 133 | From: Frankfurt Germany over the puddle | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trasher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trasher   Email trasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry double post

--------------------

Posts: 133 | From: Frankfurt Germany over the puddle | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starshooter
Member # 43946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starshooter   Email starshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice ! Simple but most essential. One problem for me I keep losing them in the field. So small and easily misplaced.
I've owned many tabs you name it Black Widow,Seal skin, SAM ,etc. they are the bees knees but easily lost.😤

Posts: 35 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trasher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43544

Yes, that was also a problem for me but I did a little Hack so you can't loose the Tab.
Take a look at the images:
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

starshooter
Member # 43946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starshooter   Email starshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! Sent msg .
Not sure of shipping from across the pond😗

Posts: 35 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green
Contributor 2016
Member # 25862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green   Email Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back when I shot a tab, I really like Laszlo's tabs above most others. Nice review.

--------------------
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Practice form in the dark. Practice aiming during the daylight.

Posts: 3356 | From: Kempner, TX | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowfanatik
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowfanatik   Email bowfanatik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy one ! After that I buy two more !! Just in case !! They are perfect !!!

--------------------
PerunH 60"

Shoot a lot and keep it simple

Posts: 399 | From: Serbia | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trasher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43544

Yes, it's absolutely the best tab I ever had!

--------------------

Bowwild
Contributor 2017
Member # 2347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowwild   Author's Homepage   Email Bowwild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking tab. I went to the website and couldn't find prices or how to buy a couple? Are they for sale in the U.S.?

--------------------
If the mind wanders, so too will the arrow.

Member of various archery organizations.

Posts: 5680 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trasher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43544

Prices

Download tab pattern

vlbbsson@gmail.com

--------------------

mooshkat
2017 Contributor
Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooshkat   Author's Homepage   Email mooshkat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bateman cordovan, as good as any, and better priced than most!

--------------------
Bear B Mag riser
Bear takedowns a and b
bear 67 super kodiak
Dwyer Endeavor

Posts: 894 | From: Oconto, Wi. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trasher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43544

Well, that is a question of taste!
But the bateman Cordovan is not a custom Tab.
That is a small difference. [Wink]

--------------------

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©