JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Arrow weight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arrow weight
tradrookie93
Member # 44642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradrookie93   Email tradrookie93   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep hearing that for hunting with traditional equipment that your arrow should average 10 grains to every pound of draw weight. How true is this and what is the best way to add weight to an arrow.

I'm currently shooting GT 35/55s at 27.5 inches, at 43#s.

Also what would be a good weight broadhead for this arrow?

Posts: 44 | From: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TOEJAMMER
Contributor 2017
Member # 20372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOEJAMMER   Email TOEJAMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should post this in POW WOW.
Posts: 939 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
Contributor 2017
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to ad weight my way is pull the nock out an put a few strands of weed wacker line inside cut just long enough so they barely stick out end of shaft.

but I'm thinking with that arrow you should be pretty close to 430gr total arrow weight with a 200gr point which is ball park,, you want your arrow an inch longer so you don't hit the riser or your hand with the back of the broadhead,, I like mine 2" longer to BOP.

but yes from now on post anything with questions in the POWWOW section for much faster responses,,, here is where you review gear.

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3065 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradrookie93
Member # 44642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradrookie93   Email tradrookie93   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya I have no idea how I ended up here, thanks for the info I'll give that a try.
Posts: 44 | From: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©