JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » For you skinny arrow lovers... Valkyrie Archery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For you skinny arrow lovers... Valkyrie Archery
Jarrod Reno
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jarrod Reno   Author's Homepage   Email Jarrod Reno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive been shooting VAPs and Black Eagle x-impact micro diameter arrows for the last 3 years but have had the same ole problem as everyone else regarding the insert/outsert being the weak point.

Well, I just picked up a test kit from Valkyrie and the way his system works is pretty amazing. Because of the points tail piece sits an inch and a half into the shaft the front end is strengthened immensely.

I split a 2x4 in half and the arrow was 100% fine. Then I buried the point into a big 6x6 post, dug the point out, arrow was a 100% fine.

Anyone shooting micro's should check these out. The shafts he uses are the Black Eagle x-impacts btw.

--------------------
Family man
Colorado & Montana

Posts: 108 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowbldr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowbldr   Author's Homepage   Email Bowbldr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you get them?? Website??? Free?? Just need so info.
Posts: 1262 | From: Central Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jarrod Reno
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jarrod Reno   Author's Homepage   Email Jarrod Reno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valkyriearchery . com

Make sure your sitting down when you look at the prices [Smile] $140 for half dozen with outserts and field points. in my opinion definitely worth it as I easily spend that much yearly replacing broken arrows from stump shooting with the skinnies.

--------------------
Family man
Colorado & Montana

Posts: 108 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't have any experience with those, and likely won't because I love my FMJ's and don't have any reason to change anything up right now. Those sound like a great product though!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11633 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
batbow
2017 Contributor
Member # 45784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for batbow   Email batbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, I was looking at those, but having a hard time talking myself into them.
Next time I actually need a new set of arrows though, I am going to try some.

--------------------
Stalker Coyote 56, 49@28
Acadian woods carbon recurve 56 28@28
Black River 60 45@28
Browning Nomad Stalker 45# 28
Jon Gharing 60 50@28
Black Widow PCH 58 in 40#@28

Posts: 66 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Barr
2017 Contributor
Member # 38047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Barr   Email Scott Barr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Jarrod. I ordered a test kit.
Posts: 452 | From: San Diego, California | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Barr
2017 Contributor
Member # 38047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Barr   Email Scott Barr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have ordered a dozen for two different weighted bows after experimenting with the test kit. I had not expected to be so impressed. After years of attempting on my own to get more FOC, with his system I was able to hit 27% FOC for both bows right away. Something I had never achieved before. Brent (Valkieryarchery owner) is happy and eager to consult with you and is very helpful.

The penetration difference was expected and is certainly evident. What I am even more thrilled about is the greater and clearly evident accuracy with EFOC and a flatter trajectory.

Thanks again Jarrod for sharing this thread.

Posts: 452 | From: San Diego, California | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VA_Bowhunter
Member # 46506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VA_Bowhunter   Email VA_Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott Barr, can you tell me about your setup? What weight/draw bow and spine of arrow? I've been wanting to get a set of these but my limited knowledge is keeping me from pulling the trigger on them. Also, whats the total arrow weight and how much is up front?

--------------------
Happy hunting

-Mike

Posts: 4 | From: Virginia | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Barr
2017 Contributor
Member # 38047

Mike. You ought to just give Brent a call. Super helpful and can answer your questions better than I about what is best for your set up. Nonetheless: I have two set ups. Both are Blacktails. One at 40# and one at 45# at my 29.5" draw. For the 45# total arrow weight is 564 gr. 250 gr head with 75gr insert up front. 400 spine shaft. At this weight makes super quiet hunting bow with great penetration and flat trajectory at 172 fps.

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©