Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » old bear bows (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: old bear bows
fredbear92
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredbear92   Author's Homepage   Email fredbear92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! As of now I hunt and shoot with old fred bear equipment and would love to see some shooting/hunting pics of you guys using old fred bear bows and equipment. thanks

Zachary

--------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Posts: 591 | From: Ridgeland, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Kosteczko
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Kosteczko   Email Tim Kosteczko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how old you are looking for but i hunt with a 1976 super kodiak, Something neat about this bow is that the serial # shows it was one of the last bows to come out of grayling. and dad shot a deer with it in 76.

this was last fall:
 -

Dad tends to bounce around with some of his old bears but this was last fall with a 1970 super kodiak:

-

Posts: 278 | From: Ulster County New York | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fredbear92
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredbear92   Author's Homepage   Email fredbear92   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
o it can be bear gear all the way up to present time as long as its not compound

--------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Posts: 591 | From: Ridgeland, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fredbear92
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8875

Awsome pics!! wish I had one of those

--------------------

OzarkRamblr
Contributor 2007
Member # 10190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OzarkRamblr   Email OzarkRamblr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Here's an old Bear Alaskan LB I picked up a few months ago. I don't know how old it is, all the writing has long since worn off. It's a Grayling bow & has quite a bit of wear to it but it still flings 'em pretty good.

--------------------
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 467 | From: Poplar Bluff, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 47# 1967 Bear Grizzly that is "officialy" 40 years old this year [clapper]

This "over the hill" old girl is my "designated" hunting bow for this year!!!!!

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting and sitting there looking Stupid

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 4704 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OconeeDan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OconeeDan   Email OconeeDan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a '70's Kodiak Hunter, not sure of the exact year. Green glass, white overlays, silver coin, serial number starts with KT.
It is 50# , and still looks and shoots great.
Dan

-

Posts: 1925 | From: Lake Oconee, GA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Lester
Contributor 2007
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Lester   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Lester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ozark,
Your Alaskan looks like about a 1958. or there abouts. Is it a double shelf?

I have several 50's bear bows that shoot really well. No pics of them though that I remeber. I love them older bear bows though.

--------------------
Jason Lester

Posts: 1944 | From: Cincinnati Ohio | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tdog
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tdog   Email Tdog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have someone who offered me a Bear Kodiak he will sell to me from the sixty.. How much should I offer him?
Posts: 799 | From: Pataukunk .N Y | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnointedArcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnointedArcher   Author's Homepage   Email AnointedArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a doe I shot with a Bear Tiger Cat!
 -

I shot this hog with my Bear Super K
 -

I shot this buck with a different Bear Super K!
 -

--------------------
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Posts: 2316 | From: Greenville,Michigan | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbowman   Email longbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I digitally challenged but will try to get some pics. I hunt with a 70# Bear Mag T.D. 1980 mdl.
Posts: 1191 | From: Meadville, PA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OzarkRamblr
Contributor 2007
Member # 10190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OzarkRamblr   Email OzarkRamblr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jason, yep it's a double shelf. It shoots pretty good still. I've even tried shootin' it left handed a few times but probably won't make it a habit. It's no fun huntin' arrows in the mass of briars behind the bales. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

I love the old Bears too. They're my favorites out of all my bows.

--------------------
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 467 | From: Poplar Bluff, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaPaFrank
Contributor 2014
Member # 10022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaPaFrank   Email PaPaFrank   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm too brain damaged to post pics but I will be turkey hunting this year with my 64 Grizzly, 58" and 48#@28", with cedar arrows made by my bud and associate sponsor Joe with 145gr snuffers...

--------------------
Keep it Simple

"Hurry" The most dangerous word in Bowhunting!

Posts: 1830 | From: Northeast Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fredbear92
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8875

these pics are a great encouragement to me!!

--------------------

fredbear92
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8875

Dan, what is the poundage on that Kodiak Hunter?

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©