Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Classics » Don't miss the TEXAS SWEAT!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Don't miss the TEXAS SWEAT!!!!
Gary Kellar
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Kellar   Email Gary Kellar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's still plenty of time for you to get in on one of the premier hunting events of the year for Trad Gang Bowhunters, "The TEXAS SWEAT"!

This hunt is offered by 7th Age Bowhunting and Charlie Lamb and is held in a different location each year to keep the hunt interesting and challenging. This year's hunt is near Odessa, Texas and will be targeting Wild Hog and Javelina.

Check out the details on the Sponsor's Classifieds at http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=000459

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, do it like your wife told you to, to begin with.

Posts: 269 | From: Rockport, TX | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JC
Contributor 2014
Member # 148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JC   Email JC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure do hate to miss this one Pop. Gonna be another great 7th Age hunt!

--------------------
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 9614 | From: Ranger, GA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A. Kinslow
Contributor 2012
Member # 2262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A. Kinslow   Author's Homepage   Email A. Kinslow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second JC's response. Hate to miss out on the fun. Hopefully my spring break will coordinate with the sweat sometime in the future.

--------------------
ďIn the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." -- Baba Dioum

Posts: 591 | From: Rogersville, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robtattoo
Assoc. Sponsor
Member # 9039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robtattoo   Author's Homepage   Email robtattoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon guys, still a few places left for one of the best TG hunts of the year!

--------------------
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 4969 | From: Tullahoma, TN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a very nice selection of crusty older guys. And sounds like a couple younger road runners already going. If ya think ya fit in, ya better get with it. Cause we are going to have some REAL FUN. With ya or without ya. [Big Grin] [wavey]
Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnie
Member # 15146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnie   Email burnie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats not far from me. Im just too broke to do that. Ill just have to go shoot hogs on my land. Wont be quite the same. [Frown]

--------------------
I want to go home with the Armadillo.

Posts: 32 | From: Small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LEOPARD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LEOPARD   Author's Homepage   Email LEOPARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks awesome guys! I'd love to come, but I'm saving to go to SA this year.....maybe next year! [Wink] Have a great time and we all expect some pics afterwards! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Posts: 1522 | From: Zimbo in UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
SPONSOR
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've ever read threads on here about some of the Trad Gang group hunts that take place and thought to yourself "Man, that sounds like fun...." You're absolutely right! I've been lucky enough to have been on some pretty nice trips to various places, but without a doubt the Sweat hunts have been at the top of my all time list!
This year will be my third. The very first one I flew to Texas alone - didn't know a soul, other than through posts here. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I was getting into, and was a bit worried about how it might go. Boy, was I wrong! It was far and away one of the best trips I have ever been on, and the friendships formed there have multiplied many times over since then.
Beg, borrow, steal, (well, maybe not steal [Roll Eyes] ), but do what ever you can to jump at this opportunity. We'd love to have you!

--------------------
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Posts: 9362 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make no doubt about it, this is one fun hunt. More of a gathering I guess where friendships and future hunting partners are make. If you get a chance come and join in...Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 7406 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of these years I'll make it...I thought this year,but that changed.....

I'm sure looking forward to reading about it though....it's always been some of the finest reading on TG!!

Good luck to all involved [thumbsup]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 16831 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunt it
Contributor 2010
Member # 1867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunt it   Author's Homepage   Email hunt it   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweat number four for me. Great event, join us and have more fun than you'll ever think possible! 16 days till the fun starts.

--------------------
hunt it

Posts: 3625 | From: london,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irish
Contributor 2014
Member # 1317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish   Email Irish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will be my Sweat #3, and I am sure it will be as great as the first two!

And Brent, who are you calling a crusty old man? [wavey]

Posts: 4055 | From: Lenexa, Ks | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robtattoo
Assoc. Sponsor
Member # 9039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robtattoo   Author's Homepage   Email robtattoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweat #2 for me. Made such a great impression on me last year to be in a camp with so may like-minded folks that it's deinately worth the plane ticket! I came away with a lot of really good friends & memories & look forward to makingmore of both [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 4969 | From: Tullahoma, TN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Kellar
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Kellar   Email Gary Kellar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys, Thanks for all the great feedback!! I can only say that I'm looking as forward to this year's event as much, or more, than anyone. It's certainly going to be great to see all my old friends again, and it's certain that new, lifelong friends will surely be made over the course of the week.

It's like my old daddy once told me; "If, when the time comes for you to be buried, you have enough fellows that you can call "true friends" to carry your box to that hole in the ground, you can consider yourself a very lucky man."
Well I consider myself a very, very lucky man just through the associations and friendships that I've made through the Texas Sweat, and consider all of you as members of my "List"! I'm truly honored to call each of you my friend.

Pop

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, do it like your wife told you to, to begin with.

Posts: 269 | From: Rockport, TX | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunt it
Contributor 2010
Member # 1867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunt it   Author's Homepage   Email hunt it   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TTT for Burnie, he was asking what the TXS08 Forum was.

--------------------
hunt it

Posts: 3625 | From: london,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©