Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Terry's form-clock : question? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Terry's form-clock : question?
B.O.D.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B.O.D.   Author's Homepage   Email B.O.D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, Does that "T" work for all builds??

I was a competitive powerlifter for many years, deadlifts, rack-pull, heavy shrugs etc...I have tried to make the "T" and physically cannot do it, it feels like I am crushing my traps/shoulder blades together.

Now, if I alter my anchor and anchor to the back of my jawbone, it feels very close to a "T"( short arms), but wearing glasses when I shoot does not allow me to anchor way back there.

any tips?
Thanks,
BD

[ June 12, 2007, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Big Dog ]

Posts: 3391 | From: the 1000 Islands region of Ontario. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BEST way for me to answer you question is on 'The Bowhunters of Trad Gang DVD'. I go into detail on proper alignment, back tension, double anchoring...etc.

Its so much easier to see and hear than to try and convey it here in the typed word, but we'll give her a try since the clock pics have been helpfull to many...

I'm sure it wont work exactly perfect for all builds, but the goal is to get as close to that alignment as possible.

Proper alignment will serve you better as a shooter, no matter if you are shooting targets or hunting. It will make your shot more forgiving in the bowhunter's world of not so perfect shots, positions, and terrain.

It will give you a better release, steadier bow arm, and less torque on the bow and string.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30671 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snakeeater
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakeeater   Email Snakeeater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,

Can you explain the "T" for those of us who missed the initial discussion(s), or point us to some older threads?

Thanks,

Snakeeater

--------------------
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Posts: 1602 | From: Annapolis, Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure Snake.........There's going to be a little session in the The Bowhunters of Trad Gang DVD soon to come out...but let me see what I can find till then.....I think there's lots of info on this form already.....I'll have a look, and report back.

Terry

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30671 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

THIS...

-

EQUALS THIS...

-

And NOT this.... Shoulders and arrow Parallel.

-

And this...

-

Does NOT equal this......Shoulders, arrow AND Power Points Parallel.

-

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

When shooting downward.....

The Brown line is the waist......

-

Same as shooting upward, don't just raise the bow arm....bend at the waist and keep your alignment the same.

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Set up like this....No

-

Ends you up here in the blink of an eye....

-

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

This........

-

NOT like this.......

-

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

NO

-

NO

-

NO

-

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

-

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

-

--------------------

B.O.D.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B.O.D.   Author's Homepage   Email B.O.D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks man. [thumbsup] [bigsmyl] good schematics.
BD

Posts: 3391 | From: the 1000 Islands region of Ontario. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snakeeater
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakeeater   Email Snakeeater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tarz, that helps alot.

--------------------
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Posts: 1602 | From: Annapolis, Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keith brimmer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keith brimmer   Email keith brimmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
terry you mentioned the trad gang dvd is this an instructional dvd or the one on pow wow that tom is compiling
Posts: 323 | From: delaware | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Keith......one and the same video.

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©