Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Terry's form-clock : question? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Terry's form-clock : question?
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

--------------------
Woolshire Carpet Mills, Inc.

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29581 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keith brimmer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keith brimmer   Email keith brimmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
terry the drawings are excellent and so simple.just hard to do consistently. lol
Posts: 323 | From: delaware | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keith......not so hard to do if you use a double anchor to make sure you get your back tension.

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29581 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molson   Email Molson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job putting this all together on one post Terry.

To get back to the original question, the overlooked truth about form is it's all about straight lines. Your goal is to get that arrow to leave the bow in as straight a line as possible despite the bow and your influence on it. Understanding that this is the whole purpose of form (and tuning) often gets lost in the little singular pieces that make up your shooting.

You may look a little different than Terry, but if you make the right adjustments to fit you, you can achieve proper alignment, which will lead to consistent shooting with dilligent practice.

One other thing for the new fellows coming over from the compound. You will not be regularly splitting nocks in two days, two weeks, or two years. Traditional archery takes time, experience, knowledge, and your commitment to achieve proficiency. This is not a game of instant success. Accept this now and dedicate yourself to improvement, or move on and save yourself a bunch of disappointment.

--------------------
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Posts: 1778 | From: Ohio | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keith brimmer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keith brimmer   Email keith brimmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELL said molson
Posts: 323 | From: delaware | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keith brimmer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9643

terry ive used your shot clock as a refernce for a while but for some reason it didnt sink in until i saw your stick figures esp. the last one.feels comfortable too, i must have been close before just needed a lil shove .thanks again.
keith

Deadbolt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadbolt   Email Deadbolt       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Molson:
One other thing for the new fellows coming over from the compound. You will not be regularly splitting nocks in two days, two weeks, or two years. Traditional archery takes time, experience, knowledge, and your commitment to achieve proficiency. This is not a game of instant success. Accept this now and dedicate yourself to improvement, or move on and save yourself a bunch of disappointment.

Aint that the truth...I'm very use to instant correction with my wheelie bow so trad shooting a a MAJOR change to a VERY impatient person. I'm working very hard at correcting all my flaws.

I must say though recurves make an honest man...you can be an awsome shot w/ a compound and still have horrible habbits but a recurve will show how good your form really is. I have some work to do....OK ALOT of work to do!

Posts: 1357 | From: The Pines of New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry please explain this "double anchor" to make sure you get back tension???

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Sure,

I drag my thumb base knuckle along side my face, and as my middle finger comes to the corner of my mouth I keep coming, and my thumb base knuckle slides in behind my jaw under my ear.

--------------------

BobCo 1965
Contributor 2014
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobCo 1965   Email BobCo 1965   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, do you think that the draw elbow might be a bit high in the first picture on this page?
Posts: 2062 | From: NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Bob, no, I really don't. From 9- 10: O'clock is pretty standard, different positions for different body structures.....however, if you get abovee 10:00 O'clock, you can run into some negative issues.

Here's my elbow on a level shot...probably around the 9:15 position....

-

Please be aware...The elbow doesn't just 'come back farther'...it comes around in a 'J' shape. Do not be afraid to 'cozy up' to your anchor.

-

BODY POSITION :

Not this.....

-

But this...

-

Not this(red line)...this causes a 'fly away' release and bow torque.

-

--------------------

BobCo 1965
Contributor 2014
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobCo 1965   Email BobCo 1965   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for clarifying Terry. I do see people shooting up around 10:00. Personally, I stay at 9:00 as I have trouble with anything but that area. But like you said, different builds..
Posts: 2062 | From: NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Here's another issue folks have....not understanding HOW to draw a bow correctly to obtain alignment.

You do NOT draw with your arm or bicep....that is called 'muscling the bow'....you draw with a rearward rotation like you are going to close a door behind you......

OK....the door is in a normal position.

The shooter is where he would stand yet closer to the door so the draw motion would actually shut it...but this is the overhead view of the shooter to show the draw.

-

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Up for Tinch....

--------------------

old school
Member # 5196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old school   Email old school   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, How do I get the Bowhunters of trad gang DVD ?
Old School

--------------------
Wahkon Tanka, Help me to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.

Posts: 16 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©