Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Terry's form-clock : question? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Terry's form-clock : question?
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure thing Jim...just click below.....

TradGang Store

--------------------
"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30000 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-KID
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 8714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-KID   Author's Homepage   Email J-KID   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been reading the various threads on "Terry's Form-Clock." I reviewed "Masters of the Barebow" Volumes I & II to examine the shooters shoulder positions and all appear to have parallel lines with arrow and shoulders even though some have stances that are more open than others. Parallel shoulders appears to be a common denominator to accurate shooting regardless of foot position. Turn and twist, shoot up or down, but keep those shoulders parallel. Good StufF!

--------------------
Jay Kidwell
BW PLV TD
64" / 50 & 55#

Posts: 389 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shakes.602
Contributor 2014
Member # 4176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shakes.602   Email Shakes.602   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MONEY WELL SPENT!!!

--------------------
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Posts: 5567 | From: Crawfordsville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthernCaliforniaHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernCaliforniaHunter   Author's Homepage   Email NorthernCaliforniaHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spendid [clapper]

Thank you all!

--------------------
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Posts: 1652 | From: Santa Rosa, California | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear Heart
Contributor 2015
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bear Heart   Email Bear Heart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are having questions on alignment please get the Bowhunters of Tradgang DVD. It has a section with Terry devoted to it. Nothing like seeing it in action.

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Posts: 2134 | From: Southwest Idaho | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stick_string
Contributor 2012
Member # 10994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stick_string   Email stick_string   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,
Is the bow arm suppose to be bent? I lock my bow arm and continually slap my arm with the string. Thoughts?

--------------------
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Sarrels Longbow and Brack Drifter

Posts: 733 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my bow arm straight, but my arm wont straighten out all the way. If you are getting string slap on your arm, you might need to bend your arm a tad, or you are gripping the bow too far to the inside, or you are torquing the bow or string.

--------------------
"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30000 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stringslap16
Member # 18538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stringslap16   Email Stringslap16   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, I am turning my head so my first anchor is at corner of mouth (first incisor) and then anchor the string at the tip of my nose? I see in both you and byrons pictures that your head position is inline with your shoulders. Would I shoot better if I didn't turn my head to touch my nose to the string?

--------------------
I am a bowhunter in who the old ways have joined the new

Samick Spirit II 40# at 28"
Monsters Bows Lycan (Soon)
Monster Bows Dragon (Sooner)

Posts: 57 | From: Springfield, VA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

If you anchoring your string at the tip of your nose, you may not be getting full extention/proper back tention....most 'nose' anchores are feathers touching the nose which means the nock and string are an inch back and the string is past the nose.

Any way you can film?

--------------------

Stringslap16
Member # 18538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stringslap16   Email Stringslap16   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I have no way of filming. But like I said I first anchor at the corner of my mouth (first incisor tooth) then turn my head slightly until the tip of my nose touches the string, for the second anchor point. So my nock is about an inch or so past my nose. I was just wondering of any problems that could arise in slightly turning my head toward the string.

--------------------
I am a bowhunter in who the old ways have joined the new

Samick Spirit II 40# at 28"
Monsters Bows Lycan (Soon)
Monster Bows Dragon (Sooner)

Posts: 57 | From: Springfield, VA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GMMAT
Contributor 2010
Member # 19202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GMMAT   Email GMMAT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry:

In reviewing the photos provided.....it appears to me (an admitted novice) that a lot of issues might be solved by not short-drawing.

Do you find this to be an obstacle for a lot of trad. archers?

Posts: 1204 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jacobsladder
Contributor 2014
Member # 11164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jacobsladder   Email jacobsladder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there is a "bunch" of folks over bowed.... its not uncommon to hear a guy say i dropped 5-10 pounds in weight and my draw length increased 1 inch...... now they have there elbow back..not pointing too the side...and much better alignment.... Overbowed = shortdrawing.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will" Robert Service

Posts: 3678 | From: dansville ,michigan | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjgregory
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjgregory   Email cjgregory   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was sweeeet Terry.

--------------------
You get to keep what you kill. If it were easy there would be no value in it.
64" Silvertip 58# @ 31"

Posts: 116 | From: Bennett, Colorado | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bow loving man
2017 Contributor
Member # 4743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bow loving man   Email bow loving man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry, your instruction has really helped me and also helped me show my son what he needs to practice but a question was asked, "When you reach anchor at the corner of your mouth and move to the thumb nuckle touching your jaw bone, do you stretch you mouth corner until you reach that second anchor?" I said yes, is that correct?

--------------------
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Posts: 1996 | From: Texas Panhandle | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divecon10
Contributor 2011
Member # 14201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for divecon10   Email divecon10   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That clock is a very effective reference! Too the drawing, Tho am not exactly following the colored lines of Picasso.
Great help tho! thanks all!

--------------------
divecon

Posts: 317 | From: Cairns, Australia | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©