Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Arrow pulls away from Riser (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Arrow pulls away from Riser
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wolftrail:
I cured that problem by canting the bow. Or is this wrong..?

Actually, by doing it the correct way, you can reverse cant and keep the arrow on the shelf.

--------------------
"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 29846 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smallwood
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smallwood   Email Smallwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will sometimes pull the arrow off the shelf as i draw. Usually when this happens i find that i am cupping my draw hand, instead of keeping the back of my hand straight/flat.
Posts: 1609 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitewolf77
Member # 43531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitewolf77   Email whitewolf77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also found that when I hold 3 fingers under the nock instead of 1 finger above that the arrow stopped jumping to the left. This also helped my aim.
Posts: 2 | From: north carolina | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veker
Member # 43592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Veker   Email Veker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question pertaining to this also...
I noticed that when I am drawing, that if my fingers are touching he arrow nock, it will move the arrow to the left when seated on the riser and pulling it back. When my fingers are looser and spread out more(index and middle finger not touching the arrow nock, but very close) the arrow will stay positioned correctly. is this correct technique for positioning fingers around the nock on the string?

Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowberry
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowberry   Email bowberry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back into archery about 8 months ago. I was practicing with a 30# bow. I switched to a 55# bow and the arrow jumped off on every draw. drove me crazy. canting didnt help. also I strained the tendons in my fingers/hand (scared me!)I read this thread and Terrys description of "point your fingers back to you and they will un-curl as you draw" totally clicked. Problem solved instantly. no more arrow jump,no more finger pain. thanks Terry. Now and then when it happens I just know what I'm doing wrong and instantly correct.

--------------------
Black locust selfwood longbow
52#@28"
Great Plains Longbow 55#@28"

Posts: 133 | From: Bangor, Maine | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dahyer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dahyer   Email dahyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never had this issue but so interesting to read!!!

--------------------
Professional Sheepdog

Ausable 64" 45#
Grizzly 58" 45#

Posts: 508 | From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mboustany
Member # 45169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mboustany   Email mboustany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a newbie to archery I have been having trouble with the arrow coming off the rest. Just found this old thread and look forward to trying a deep hook with relaxed wrist and hand to rotate the arrow into the shelf. Thanks everybody!
Posts: 37 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©