Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » learning the tab update.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: learning the tab update.
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, still working on learning to shoot with a tab. Don't think ill ever give up my glove but I'm getting good results with a Black Widow three under I purchased from Three Rivers also with one I made. The BW is kinda stiff but works great with my new 55#, not as clean on the lower poundage. I use a thinner one with my 45# and 35# and get tight groups out to 20 yards. I'm wondering to what degree is the thickness/stiffness of the tab in relation to draw weight a personal preference, and how much has to do with the actual mechanics of the string and tabs ability to work together at different draw weights and tab stiffness? I would just like to research that but cant find much on it. I'm pretty sure I got it figured out but that kinda thinking has gotten me in trouble before.
Thanks Guys.

--------------------
If I'm breathing, I have nothing to complain about.

Posts: 126 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Black Widow split fingertabs. They do take some use to "break in". Hundreds and hundreds of shots for me.

I think it is ALL personal preference. And no real correlation beween bow weights. I shot my most powerful recurve with a single thickness cordovan leather tab.

It can also matter how you trim a tab to customize it to your fingers - or whether you don't. And deep hook vs. finger pad, etc., etc.

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4058 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's kinda what I was thinking. The one I made from cordovan I like as it allows my to feel the string so to speak. Don't believe I have hundreds of shots on the BW yet so probably just needs some more break in. Ill also stick to making my own but I bought the BW just to make sure it was my being new to a tab and not my design. Bought a large and doesn't seem to need any trimming best I can tell.

--------------------
If I'm breathing, I have nothing to complain about.

Posts: 126 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©