Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Sources for traditional Cordovan tab gloves

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sources for traditional Cordovan tab gloves
Pmringer
Contributor 2018
Member # 46851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pmringer   Email Pmringer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried various tabs, both three under and split as well as several style gloves including those with cordura tips and have found a classic cordovan tipped glove works best for me. I shoot split much better and while the release and accuracy is good with the cordura tipped glove it is often louder and I get more frequent poor releases. That being said the glove in the link has worked great but the durability is awful. The tip stitching wears out in less than a few months. Does anyone have any recommendations for something similar to the glove in the provided link that will hold up better?

https://www.3riversarchery.com/cordovan-traditional-archery-shooting-glove.html

--------------------
Patrick M. Ferringer

Posts: 6 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McDave
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McDave   Email McDave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the E W Bateman cordovan glove is what youíre looking for. It costs more than the one you linked, but itís worth it.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Posts: 4328 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pmringer
Contributor 2018
Member # 46851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pmringer   Email Pmringer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDave:
I think the E W Bateman cordovan glove is what youíre looking for. It costs more than the one you linked, but itís worth it.

Looks to be what I am looking for. The one I am using keeps wearing out our the side of the finger so I think these should work.

Thanks!

--------------------
Patrick M. Ferringer

Posts: 6 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive used tons of gloves, started making my own or replacing the leather tips. The one you linked is a bad design imo. I never use a glove were the stitching is located in the working area of the tip it wears the stitching.

--------------------
Life is to short to pass up anything that could potentially be bow wood!

Posts: 459 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©