Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Shooters FORM Forum » Anyone train under John Schulz?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone train under John Schulz?
Wyowhere?
Member # 44281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wyowhere?   Email Wyowhere?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I've been a recurve shooter for probably 6 years but I have always been interested in hill style bows. I finally broke down and bought one and started looking into the differences in form and style. Through watching a lot of videos and a couple books I got pretty excited about Howard Hills style of shooting and started doing a lot of research. Turns out John Schulz who was mentored by Hill is practically my neighbor and still teaches the Hill style of shooting in one on one classes. It's fairly expensive but I'm debating if it's worth it to get some instruction from somebody who has been there and done that. I was wondering if anybody has shot with him or recieved lessons from him and what everyone's opinion was on shelling out the money for a lesson or two.
Posts: 12 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McDave
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McDave   Email McDave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn’t aware that John was still able to do that. He is a important part of our archery heritage, and I wouldn’t pass up a chance to meet him if I were you.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Posts: 4323 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sirius Black
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sirius Black   Email Sirius Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a golden opportunity to me! [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Bear Kodiak - Bear Kodiak Hunter / Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Posts: 1350 | From: Baraboo, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tradcat
Contributor 2016
Member # 35226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tradcat   Email Tradcat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could afford it, I'd do it in a heartbeat !
Posts: 686 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McDave:
I wasn’t aware that John was still able to do that. He is a important part of our archery heritage, and I wouldn’t pass up a chance to meet him if I were you.

I met him once at a shoot in Mississippi. He left a bad taste in my mouth. Seemed to be too good for some people. I can't stand partiality.

Just my opinion.

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3075 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©