JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2006 » Some meat for the freezer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some meat for the freezer
BigRonHuntAlot
Contributor 2007
Member # 8731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigRonHuntAlot   Email BigRonHuntAlot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a buck I decided to take out of the herd yesterday. A 25 yard shot with my 59 # Morrison recurve, Wensel Woodsmans and Arrow Dynamics Trad Lites. He went about 60 yards and crashed. Sounded like a bull moose when he hit the thicket. Waited 30 minutes and climbed down, only to hear leaves rustling. Saw 2 does within 15 yards coming to me, decided to pass on them [Big Grin] Not a nice rack but decent body size
 -

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Posts: 4499 | From: Jetersville, Amelia County Central Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe skipp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe skipp   Email joe skipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Real nice Ron....keep putting that carbon in the air! [thumbsup] [Wink]

--------------------
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Posts: 6965 | From: Renegade Archery, Highland, NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good on ya, Ron! Nice Deer and shot - enjoy the rewards.

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21342 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Denbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Denbow   Email Jack Denbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Ron.

--------------------
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Posts: 1615 | From: Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigRonHuntAlot
Contributor 2007
Member # 8731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigRonHuntAlot   Email BigRonHuntAlot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Fellas, Hey Joe, Those Arrow Dynamics are pretty good! [bigsmyl] [thumbsup] Put one through a Doe earlier this season. Thanks

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Posts: 4499 | From: Jetersville, Amelia County Central Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wile E. Coyote
2017 Contributor
Member # 745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wile E. Coyote   Email Wile E. Coyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With that shot placement I see why he only went 60yds. Nice Shootin!

--------------------
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Posts: 627 | From: Pearl River LA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merciful silence
Member # 6144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merciful silence         Edit/Delete Post 
Mate that is some sharp shooting a perfect shot to by the looks , not that I could keep my eyes of that bow to long , that really is a beauty if it shoots half as good as it looks it will be a killer , congrats on a fine animal.
Posts: 79 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man those Morrisons are pretty!!! Congrats bud!!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©