JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » Film editing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film editing
hawker
Member # 22948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawker   Email hawker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone suggest a computer and software for editing hd video. Looking to start messing around with it as a hobby. I've heard that Macs are the way to go.

--------------------
You can't hit anything if you don't get some wood in the air-Howard Hill

Posts: 15 | From: michigan | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siewho
Member # 21489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siewho   Email Siewho   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Mac is the go. Get Imac if you are serious. Imovie is pretty good as a starter. It has taken me years of reluctancy to change from pc based Adobe Premier to mac. Now I am glad I did. Still on a steep learning curve.

--------------------
Siewho

Posts: 70 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canshooter   Author's Homepage   Email canshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a PC with Sony Vegas and After effects at home, and I use a Mac with Final cut pro and After effects at work. End result, no difference. My comfort level is with The Sony Vegas software, so it boils down to what you like to work with.
Posts: 161 | From: Toronto Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©