JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Photography/Video Q&A Forum » Editing Software

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Editing Software
tarponnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarponnut   Email tarponnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a good editing software that won't break the bank? Windows Movie Maker on Windows 7 is horrible.(the WMM Vista version was so much better)
Does anyone know how to cut footage from the video?(Movie Maker 7) I don't need 5 minutes of video of hogs coming in,lol.

Posts: 2472 | From: FL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pacificdeerman
Member # 41336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pacificdeerman   Email pacificdeerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lightworks is a free one, has been used to do some pretty impressive stuff. Not sure if you have used any big editing software before but it might be worth a look at.
Posts: 1 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shootnstraight
Member # 41377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shootnstraight   Email shootnstraight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pinnacle plus is pretty good
The price is under $100 and all around its pretty easy to use.

Posts: 13 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LB_hntr
SPONSOR
Member # 6015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LB_hntr   Author's Homepage   Email LB_hntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adobe premiere elements is a good one for pretty cheap, but fully functional to cut, edit export, etc.

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunting Podcast

Posts: 1161 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archie
Contributor 2017
Member # 13795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie   Email Archie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Cyber Director 12 Ultra. Works pretty good, not hard to use. It's the first video editing package I've ever used. Cost me about $50-$60 if I remember.

Here's a little something I put together with it. Don't be too critical... I'm still learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0e48uFcUY

--------------------
"The problem with quotes and other information obtained on the internet is that it is difficult to determine whether that information is genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

66" Black Widow PLX 48# @ 31"
64" Black Widow PMA3 49#, 56#, & 68# @ 31"

Posts: 1879 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Havard
SPONSOR
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Havard   Author's Homepage   Email John Havard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about you folks who edit on Mac's? What would you recommend for editing video footage. I've used iMovie a little but it's far from easy in my limited experience. It would be really nice to have something that's intuitive and easy to use on a Mac.

Thanks in advance for any advice and input.

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts

Posts: 1323 | From: Mill Valley, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampthing
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampthing   Email swampthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch a tutorial on I-movie it will help quite a bit. Or if you want to get all professional buy, Final Cut Pro X from the app store....
Posts: 1044 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,2806,4835,00.asp

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9006 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilentArcher
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilentArcher   Email SilentArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've edited in Final Cut Pro X on a MacBook for the last year and really like it. It's seamless integration in post production offers a lot of flexibility with regard to output. It's not cheap but if I added up all the "inexpensive" software I purchased leading up to buying FCP I would have saved a ton of money just buying FCP initially. Search YouTube for tutorials on FCP. The add on's/plugin's can really create stunning video.
Posts: 14 | From: Oklahoma City | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©