JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » WISCONSIN - Wisconsin Traditional Archers » Winter Bunny Hunts - 3 This Year! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Winter Bunny Hunts - 3 This Year!
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don Kauss is hosting the bunny hunting weekends this winter. What a great way to extend your season and get outdoors with WTA friends!

December 13-14, 2014
January 17 & 18, 2015
February 7 & 8, 2015

Bricolage Bunny Bash – Hosted by Don Kauss

Bring a dish to pass, and libation of choice. Coffee & sweet rolls, plates/utensils/cups will be provided. Sleeping over is encouraged, as there are accommodations for up to 12 brush-stompin' Bunny-seekers in the Lodge.

E5838 Feldman Road Loganville, WI 53943

For more information contact Don Kauss at 608-371-4160 or e-mail logicalearth@gmail.com

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10393 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Winkler
2017 Contributor
Member # 15949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Winkler   Email Kevin Winkler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now this means Pete can still make moose meatballs and come bunny hunting!

--------------------
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Membership Chairmen, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association
Compton Traditional Archers

Posts: 996 | From: Monroe, WI | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete McMiller   Email Pete McMiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha, you're quick Kevin. I'll do my best to make the December hunt.

--------------------
Pete

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE [mo 'lon la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Posts: 1315 | From: Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a BOD meeting scheduled for Dec 13. How do you guys want to work that? Should we do the meeting at the hunt?

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1170 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Winkler
2017 Contributor
Member # 15949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Winkler   Email Kevin Winkler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Szalewski:
There is a BOD meeting scheduled for Dec 13. How do you guys want to work that? Should we do the meeting at the hunt?

YES!

--------------------
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.

Posts: 996 | From: Monroe, WI | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smoke1953
Contributor 2014
Member # 11344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smoke1953   Email smoke1953   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could be a issue. I scheduled the banquet and board meeting room at the Marriott for that day. I'm willing to have the banquet meeting at Don's however I'm concerned about attendance. If we can get people there I'm fine but it is the lad meeting before banquet unless I schedule another meeting date after Christmas.
Posts: 1205 | From: Cambridge, Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uh oh !

CHuckC

Posts: 7167 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know of any locations mid state that has a huntable population of snow shoe bunnies ? That could be a fun change up.

CHuckC

Posts: 7167 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Got word that the December bunny hunt was cancelled due to other important issues (see smoke1953 above).

ChuckC

Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, everyone can breath again here in WI now that the Pack has defeated the dreaded, evil and generally disliked Dallas Cowboys. I am looking forward to the bunny hunt and am in deep contemplation on what my culinary offering will be. Who else is up for taking Don up on this generous offering to host the hunt?

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1170 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

So far I am planning to be there, at least for Saturday. I am trying to entice two friends into the side of trad archery and have asked them.
ChuckC

TRAD101
Contributor 2017
Member # 20527

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAD101   Email TRAD101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning to be there Saturday also, anybody
know what time we should arrive?

Posts: 196 | From: blue mounds, wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Winkler
2017 Contributor
Member # 15949

Richard,

I would say around 8:00AM or so. Just email or call Don to check for sure. I will send him and email so he can post here.

I was planning on bringing plenty of eggs and some venison bacon that I made for breakfast.

--------------------

don kauss
Contributor 2015
Member # 15205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for don kauss   Email don kauss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 am is fine...we more than likely will not head out right away (especially if there are fresh eggs and Venny-bacon for breakfast!) since that's the way we seem to roll....send me a PM or email if you plan to come, just to have an idea of how long to make the game pole! [goldtooth]

--------------------
Your Chicken from McDonald's, Tyson Foods, or Perdue Farms spent most of it's life stuffed in a cage with three or four others, occupying a space about the size of a book page...None for me, thanks...

Posts: 1019 | From: Loganville, Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
don kauss
Contributor 2015
Member # 15205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for don kauss   Email don kauss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far I have only heard from Jerry Karbon, Tom Colstad, Kevin Winkler, Chuck Cote, and Terry Woirol...

Anyone else coming?

--------------------
Your Chicken from McDonald's, Tyson Foods, or Perdue Farms spent most of it's life stuffed in a cage with three or four others, occupying a space about the size of a book page...None for me, thanks...

Posts: 1019 | From: Loganville, Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©