JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » ARKANSAS - Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas » ARROW 2016 thread (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ARROW 2016 thread
Friends call me Pac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friends call me Pac   Author's Homepage   Email Friends call me Pac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave if you can't hunt please come on by for a visit. And thanks for the offer on the freezer space. I know that sure helped me out when I shot that doe a couple years ago.

Have you noticed any difference in the numbers of deer in the area this year? I don't know if the cwd deal has affected the deer in that area or not.

--------------------
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames. There is no stopping now. Burn baby burn!

Posts: 1425 | From: Beebe Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arky714
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arky714   Email arky714   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More deer than ever around house see deer every morning going to hot springs seen picture on face book of 2 large bucks swimming around the Crystal Springs area about point 7 ....got grandson getting married on Oct 8 ...will try to come up Monday or Tuesday .
Posts: 431 | From: Bonnerdale,Arkansas | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arky714
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arky714   Email arky714   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More deer than ever around house see deer every morning going to hot springs seen picture on face book of 2 large bucks swimming around the Crystal Springs area about point 7 ....got grandson getting married on Oct 8 ...will try to come up Monday or Tuesday .
Posts: 431 | From: Bonnerdale,Arkansas | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friends call me Pac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friends call me Pac   Author's Homepage   Email Friends call me Pac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave that is great to hear.

I found out that my Father can't make it the weekend of the hunt but he will be here the following weekend. That will be muzzle loader season so that's what we will hunt with.

Nothing has changed on my part. I'll arrive at Crystal Springs the Weds before the hunt.

I made a new string a couple days ago. I just about have it shot in. I have to dodge rain but once in awhile I can step outside and get a few shots in.

The shoulder is feeling good & a little stronger. I'm up to 20 shots before I have to stop shooting. That is a lot better than the last few years when it was maybe 10 shots if I was lucky and I'm talking 10 shots a day.

Now I'm shooting an average of 15 shots, go inside for an hour or so then step back out for another 15. I'm up to 75 shots a day as of yesterday.

--------------------
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames. There is no stopping now. Burn baby burn!

Posts: 1425 | From: Beebe Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arky714
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20414

sounds like you are going to be ready,seen 14 deer in a field at noon yesterday,in between my house and Pearcy.If you need a new place to hunt I can show you places in the mountains around my area.National forest inter spaced with private property,,A few bear in area...
arky714
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20414

sounds like you are going to be ready,seen 14 deer in a field at noon yesterday,in between my house and Pearcy.If you need a new place to hunt I can show you places in the mountains around my area.National forest inter spaced with private property,,A few bear in area...
Friends call me Pac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17063

I went to a 3D range last week. I find it amazing I can shoot very well in my backyard and not so well at the 3D range. I started out ok but by mid target I was getting shaky. The strength just isn't back to 100%.

I missed 3 turkey targets and my buddy started to mess with me about missing. I told him I don't like to eat turkey, I'd rather have ham. (I was drilling the pig targets.)

I am steadily working on my endurance. I'm adding a few more arrows per session. I started out with 10 arrows per session and now I am up to 25. At the 3D range I must have shot around 50 times but like I said my shooting was going down hill on the back half.

I feel confident I will be fine at he hunt. I think it might be a good idea to bring a bag for a few warm up shots before the hunt though.

--------------------
USAF Retired '85-'05

Friends call me Pac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17063

I will be arriving Weds 5 Oct. I plan to get there around lunch time & in a tree that evening.

--------------------
USAF Retired '85-'05

stingerslinger
Member # 24631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stingerslinger   Email stingerslinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope to arrive Thursday in time to hang a stand.
Posts: 38 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stingerslinger
Member # 24631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stingerslinger   Email stingerslinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me,Bo and Pac so far.....anyone else?
Posts: 38 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friends call me Pac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17063

I have everything loaded up except the food and I plan to stay for awhile. I will hunt 5-14 Oct.

I talked my father into coming 15 Oct for muzzleloader hunting instead of ARROW. I found out he can not walk very well & am told even though he has tried he can't shoot his 40# bow Caleb gave him.

With the amount of money he will spend & his first time hunting in Arkansas I want to give him the best possible chance of getting a deer. I don't care if its a doe or buck.

Dad & I will be hunting out of Crystal Springs 17-21 Oct.

--------------------
USAF Retired '85-'05

John Wesley
Member # 45280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Wesley   Email John Wesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure to keep us updated. I joined not too long ago and have been impatiently waiting to see how y'alls weekend goes. Good luck to everyone going. Shoot straight and stay safe.

--------------------
"The truth is I'm always saddened when I kill an animal. It's not remorse I feel, I know why I'm a hunter. It's out of respect. Sometimes hunts go quick,sometimes they take years..but there's always a story and one that's usually worth telling."

Posts: 11 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friends call me Pac
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17063

For me it was spikes, spikes and them a few more spikes. I had a 6 run under my stand the 1st day but I didn't get a shot. I never saw a doe from my stand. It was hot but I still had a good time.

--------------------
USAF Retired '85-'05

elkhunter45
Contributor 2015
Member # 35307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkhunter45   Email elkhunter45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had deer all around me as well which was cool since I was hunting on the ground. I had a good shot possibility if he had only had just one more point. The 3 point rule got me again. It was fun time for sure.

--------------------
1975 Bear Kodiak Hunter 50#@28
1996 Jim Johnson Legend longbow 57#@28

Posts: 184 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©