Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Recipes/Grilling/ Barbecuing/Smokers » Treager Anyone? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Treager Anyone?
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all this talk of the Green Egg....

Howz about the Treager?

BEST DANG FOOD I EVER ATE - PERIOID, END OF STORY !!! [jumper] [jumper] [jumper] [jumper] [jumper]

Vance 'Iron Bull' Brewer had one when I hunted with him last Sept...and I aint a kidding....I aing NEVER ate off a grill that tasted anywhere near as good as that Treager with the pecan/hickory mix he had in there. I just could not stop eating in the evening. He did everything on that grill and that corn on the cob was outrageous as well.

--------------------
Woolshire Carpet Mills, Inc.

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29599 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BMG
Contributor 2014
Member # 15782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BMG   Author's Homepage   Email BMG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been debating whether to get a Treager or a BGE this summer. Both look to have many pros and few cons.
Posts: 405 | From: Tijeras, NM | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have eaten off both and the Treager would definitely be my choice....hands down. The food is gread on both...but I still like the easy flavor options of the pellets...and I like the easy access of the Treager to the food. I did not like having to reach down and in to get to the food....made flipping burgers more awkward as you have to come in a steeper angle..and sometimes it tears up the burgers.

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 29599 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
Contributor 2017
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh Terry, I've never heard of, much less seen a Treagar. The BGE I've seen. Guess I'll have to do some research. Thanks for the input. [thumbsup]
Posts: 3873 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eagle24
Contributor Member 2007
Member # 9479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eagle24   Email eagle24   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Traeger would be my choice as well. As soon as I recover from an upcoming beach trip, I'm getting one. I think my wife could cook on a Traeger while I shoot. [thumbsup]
Posts: 796 | From: North Alabama | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WINDTALKER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WINDTALKER   Email WINDTALKER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Traeger is the only way to go , love there spice mix's also, and the plant is only 15 minutes up the road
Posts: 242 | From: SALEM OR. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chapstick137
Member # 17951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chapstick137   Email chapstick137   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!
waiting for my Texas Style to show up.
used one on vacation and got home and ordered one!

heat control is too easy!
now anybody can make awesome BBQ!

--------------------
Things don't always get better, by themselves.

Posts: 4 | From: Pine Grove, WV | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clay Hills Bill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clay Hills Bill   Author's Homepage   Email Clay Hills Bill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a Traeger Lil Tex for 2 years.

That grill is amazing for two reasons.

First it holds constant 200, 275, and 325 temps all day long. Great for shoulder, brisket, venison hams etc.

Second, it is very well made and easy to maintain.

Highly recommend it.

Bill

--------------------
Clay Hills Bill

Posts: 141 | From: Acworth, GA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMartin
Contributor 2015
Member # 14580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMartin   Email JMartin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going this weekend to look at one. I have talked (e-mailed) to quite a few folks that own them, they all say the same thing, they're fantastic! I can't wait to try some baby back ribs on one....mmmm.
Posts: 654 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BBK41ND
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BBK41ND   Email BBK41ND   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did all my deer sausage,sticks,buk bacon and summer sausage on mine this year.everything turned out great.I got the digital control option ,I think it gives a little more control of the heat. really good for brisket and ribs also.

--------------------
the older I get ,the better I was

Posts: 205 | From: Alaska | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Butts
Contributor 2008
Member # 5140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Butts   Email Butts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My father has a Treager and I use it a lot. Works great.

JMartin, look at the Green Mountain grill also. The lid on the GM is a lot taller to allow more room.

--------------------
As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps clear the turds from your path. George Carlin

Posts: 281 | From: Kansas | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missing Impossible
2017 Contributor
Member # 17213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missing Impossible   Email Missing Impossible   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much pellets does it take to do a 12hr smoke @230deg?
Posts: 166 | From: Northern WV | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clay Hills Bill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clay Hills Bill   Author's Homepage   Email Clay Hills Bill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fill the hopper one time which is about 10 lbs of pellets and it will last more than 12 hrs at 230 degrees F.

--------------------
Clay Hills Bill

Posts: 141 | From: Acworth, GA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMartin
Contributor 2015
Member # 14580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMartin   Email JMartin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Butts, I sure will, thanks for the tip!
Posts: 654 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Sold my green egg for $500 and got a Treager Deluxe about 2 months ago....why in the heck did I wait so long. This thing is just too easy.....and no matter what you cook on it is taste SOOOOooo much better. LOVE the wood choices and combos you can create.

I've grilled out more in the last 2 months than I did all last year.....I'm addicted!!!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©