JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Recipes/Grilling/ Barbecuing/Smokers » Deep Fried Trukey

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deep Fried Trukey
Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Thanksgiving just passed, but this is good any time of the year. I bought a 22 pound organic turkey from Fairway. I made a brine of water, apple cider, brown sugar, sea salt, and Paul Prudomme's Poultry Magic. Put the bird into a clean 5 gallon bucket, and added the brine. Had it in there for 5 days, then took it out, rinsed and dried it off.
I had to fabricate a stand for it at work as the basket that came with my deep fryer was way too small to hold the big boy.
Oil was at 400, when I lowered it in, slowly.
Cooked for 70 minutes, oil maintained a temp of 350, the whole time. Lifted it out, and let it drain on paper towels for 5 minutes, then let it rest for another 20 before carving.
Most delicious one I have ever done. Moist, juicy, tasty, and all of the skin was super crispy, and all of the fat was gone. No flabby skin for anyone.

--------------------
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1406 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neuse
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neuse   Email neuse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a big bird for frying.
I stay around 15lb.

Posts: 207 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©