JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » VIRGINIA - Traditional Bowhunters of Virginia » Archery clubs and ranges in Virginia (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Archery clubs and ranges in Virginia
Dave Stein
Member # 8778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Stein   Email Dave Stein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you know of an archery range or club in the Commonwealth of Virginia please post here. This way everyone can find out where the ranges and clubs are and hopefully we can increase their membership so they can remain in business for us all to enjoy.

Dave

[ February 26, 2007, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Dave Stein ]

--------------------
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES:

If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives; then you'll be afraid to cough.

Posts: 285 | From: VIRGINIA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Stein
Member # 8778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Stein   Email Dave Stein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the link to the one traditional club that I know of in Northern Virginia. I believe there is one in the Richmond area but I don't know the name. If anyone can help out and post the name and website that would be great. Hopefully we can help increase their membership and keep them going.

http://www.geocities.com/tradbowva/

--------------------

If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives; then you'll be afraid to cough.

Posts: 285 | From: VIRGINIA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Stein
Member # 8778

(This was originally posted by "String Cutter" on another post)

Don't know of any all Trad. Bow Clubs down here.( Powhatan 1/2 hour SW of Richmond) But www.dixiebowmen.org has a shoot once a month on Sats. for Trad guys. and Sundays for Compounders. They are located near Petersburg, about an hour south of Richmond... Also think they Have a 3 day get together ( rondavo? sp) I think in June.... Real nice guys.
I'll be moving down there in a 5-6 weeks and plan to join if'n they'll have me.

--------------------

Dave Stein
Member # 8778

Northern Virginia Archers (NORVA) located in southern Fairfax County.

http://www.northernvirginiaarchers.org/home1.html

--------------------

Dave Stein
Member # 8778

IWLA-Cub Run Archers located in Centreville, Virginia (Fairfax County).

www.arlingtonfairfax-iwla.org

--------------------

Dave Stein
Member # 8778

I copied this from Archery Talk the other day...

Autumn Moon archery is the name of the newest all traditional club in Va. We will hold our first shoot on Saturday and Sunday, April 22, and 23. We will have forty targets and the cost is $10.00. Food will be available. Directions, We are in Floyd county between Christiansburg and Salem. Take HW 460 to Shawsville and turn on Alleghaney spring road at the new Meadowbrook library. Stay on that untill the Floyd county line where the name will change to Shawsville Pike. Go two more miles and we are at 2092 Shawsville Pike. For any questions contact. Darryl Payne 540-651-6083 or darrylpayne@hotmail.com Hope to see you there.

--------------------

Talondale
Contributor 2007
Member # 9336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talondale   Email Talondale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw this on an area info webpage. Haven't been there or anything but the local pro shop says they're a trad club.

The Sherwood Archers club maintains target facilities and competitive events for archers and bow hunters on club property in the Hanging Rock area. The facilities include three outdoor ranges and an indoor range. A contact is Jimmy Brugh, 254-2490.

--------------------
Jesse, forever 5

Posts: 2061 | From: Botetourt Co. VA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bowhunters of Rockingham is one of the largest and oldest club in Va.Not very many current members shoot trad but a few of us do and shoot at the 3d's.Be glad to see any other trad shooters join us. Located near Harrisonburg. Va., between Winchester and Roanoke.
We are having a Bowhunters Rendevous,09/16-09/17. As I say mostly wheels but ALL bowhunters welcome. PM me if interested or for directions.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3115 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String Cutter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for String Cutter   Author's Homepage   Email String Cutter       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tba3d.com/index.8_futuretourneydates .... Tidewater
http://www.kingsboro.bizland.com/index.html ....Kingsboro
http://www.dixiebowmen.org/index.html ....Dixie Bowmen
The next shoot is at Tidewater (Sunday)Aug 6
then
Kingsboro (Saturday) Aug. 12
then
Dixie Bowmen (Saturday) Aug 26
then
Tidewater again (Sunday) Sept. 3
then
Kingsboro again (Sunday) Sept. 10
then
Dixie Bowmen again ( Saturday) Sept. 16

Hope this helps all of you in the Eastern part of the state.

--------------------
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Posts: 2578 | From: Richmond Va. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d-fong
Member # 11083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d-fong   Email d-fong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the president of Augusta Archers in Staunton, VA 2 miles east of exit 222 I-81 we are going to have our first annual all traditonal 3-D June 2nd and 3rd 2007. We also are having Fri night shoots every fri night at 7:30pm with a indoor shooter of the year program with a $3 going into the pot for every shooter that shoots in there class for 12 weeks. The best 8 combined scores at the end of the 12 weeks wins the pot. We have camping avalible and motels within 2 miles of the club. This club was formed in the early 1950's by traditional archers before compounds were invented. We have some traditional archers but i Would love to see many more. Any suggestions that would attract more traditional archers would be greatly apprecated. Thank You. Web site augustaarcherssite.com [archer] [archer] [thumbsup]

[ March 30, 2007, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: d-fong ]

Posts: 15 | From: Staunton,VA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the rules above and was somewhat puzzled by this: "..range or club in the commonwealth of Virginia that allows traditional equipment to be used." I can't imagine that there would be an archery club that didn't allow trad equipment! I pulled this list off of the VBA site.

http://www.geocities.com/~vbarchers/new_page_5.htm

At NORVA the only equipment barred would be the crossbow. [dntthnk]

Killdeer [archer]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15439 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flathead Willie
Member # 10389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flathead Willie   Author's Homepage   Email Flathead Willie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Killdeer:
I read the rules above and was somewhat puzzled by this: "..range or club in the commonwealth of Virginia that allows traditional equipment to be used." I can't imagine that there would be an archery club that didn't allow trad equipment! I pulled this list off of the VBA site.

http://www.geocities.com/~vbarchers/new_page_5.htm

At NORVA the only equipment barred would be the crossbow. [dntthnk]

Killdeer [archer]

Thanks! I just found three clubs within a 30 minute drive from the house in the list you provided.

--------------------
Some people climb to the top of the ladder only to find that it is leaning on the wrong wall!

Posts: 90 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flathead Willie
Member # 10389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flathead Willie   Author's Homepage   Email Flathead Willie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killdeer, the Email address for Sherwood Archers of Roanoke didn't work. I guess they changed their ISP. Three of the others I tried worked and I'm waiting for a reply. Thanks again.

--------------------
Some people climb to the top of the ladder only to find that it is leaning on the wrong wall!

Posts: 90 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R.D.
Member # 11307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R.D.   Email R.D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a link to the Sherwood Archery Club and a flyer for the S.T.A.R. shoot in June.

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/Pages/Traditional.html

Posts: 46 | From: Roanoke, Va. | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R.D.
Member # 11307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R.D.   Email R.D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sherwood archers in Roanoke Virgina has a 28 target field course, practice targets from 10-80 yards, a 20 yard indoor range with bathroom and kitchen facilities. We hold at least one 3-D shoot once a month on SAt. & Sun. We currently have 130 members and about 25 or so of them are traditional shooters. We usually try to get out to the range and start shooting at 8:00 or so on the 3-D shoots to get out ahead of the wheelie guys. We also have a 14 target animal round that is set up all of thetime. A bunch of the traditional guys get together and shoot it or shoot indoors regularily.

Here is a link to the Sherwood Archery Club and a flyer for the S.T.A.R. shoot in June.

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com/Pages/Traditional.html

Posts: 46 | From: Roanoke, Va. | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©