JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN MOVED TO PowWow.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » Memorable Hunts » Hill Country Bows "Harvest Master" lives up to it's name (pics) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hill Country Bows "Harvest Master" lives up to it's name (pics)
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My good friend Roman Hershberger called me today when I just happened to be on the road headed in his direction. (I was not headed to his house, just in the general direction)

He said he had some excitment in the woods this morning, and if I had a camera with me I should stop by. (He said I could stop by anyway [Big Grin] )

Well I just happened to buy my wife a new tiny little digital the other day and she had it with her. We had business to atend to first at the woodburner store,so after business we headed to his house.

Now Roman has had his share of excitment lately, his wife just gave birth to their ninth child, and he's been pretty busy building bows and furniture.

When we pulled down the driveway at his place deep in the heart of Amish country, there were corn shocks in the field on one side, and the corn field on the other side was picked clean. That could be the reason for all the buck sightings they've had the last couple of days.

[ October 29, 2008, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: 4runr ]

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8074 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we pulled up to the shop parking area, there on the concrete slab was a big brown body with lots of bone head gear. I got out of the car and went to look. Roman came out of the shop with a big grin on his face. After hand shaking and back slapping we carried him to a better position for pictures.

Now understand that Roman, being a devout Amishman, will not pose for pictures. I respect that in him and don't push it. I was so pleased for him, as much as if I had taken the deer myself.

I have known Roman for about a year and 1/2, and consider him as close a friend as I have in this world. The bow he took this buck with is one he has been developing for about a year and he said it would be his hunting bow for this year. IT WORKS!
 -

--------------------
Kenny

of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8074 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Here are a few more pics;

-
 -
 -

The bow he used was;

60" Harvest Master longbow
46# @ 28"
Arrow Dynamics Trad Lite
Grizzly 125 single bevel

--------------------
Kenny

of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck. I'll have to give Roman a call and congratulate him.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21856 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck Roman [thumbsup] Convey my congratulations Kenny [campfire]
Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding! Nice Buck Roman. Congrats. Sweet looking bow too.
Posts: 7480 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Surtees
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Surtees   Email Larry Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very Nice! Congrats!!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2064 | From: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Roiter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Roiter   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Roiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4runr Tell him I say great job and Hello to him for me. Wow what a deer.

--------------------
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Posts: 2018 | From: Charlotte, michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

He'll read all your congrats. He checks in on Trad Gang at the library from time to time.

--------------------
Kenny

of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Wannabe1
Contributor 2014
Member # 7774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wannabe1   Email Wannabe1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's a nice freakin' deer!! [thumbsup] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
"TGMM" Family of the Bow.
"Good shoot Papa!" My son Robert after every shot I make whether good or bad.

Posts: 6901 | From: Albany, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdamH
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdamH   Email AdamH       Edit/Delete Post 
I've talked to Roman a time or two, Very Good fella, Looks like a great bowyer also, Good job on the Buck Roman !!
Posts: 2663 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cody Roiter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Roiter   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Roiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4runr I never think he would use a computer. But he is a great fella and i hope one day I can by one of his great bows.

--------------------
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Posts: 2018 | From: Charlotte, michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pseman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pseman   Email pseman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a HOSS!! Very nice!!

--------------------
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Posts: 1037 | From: Wetumpka, Alabama | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Roman [thumbsup] [archer]
Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top stuff!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©