Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Events and Gatherings » '13 IBO Traditional Classes & Rules ?'s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: '13 IBO Traditional Classes & Rules ?'s
JJB2
Contributor 2012
Member # 9686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJB2   Email JJB2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never shot IBO but am considering getting involved in it next year. I plan to shoot my hunting weight bow. A few questions for you guys with a good understanding of the different classes, rules, etc.

What classes are there for center shot or past center shot bows? (I shoot a zipper SXT with both recurve and LB limbs) Is it just the trad open class or are there separate modern LB and modern Recurve classes?

How is draw weight determined for the hunting weight class (+60#) - at your draw length or at 28"? I draw 30" and both of my limbs are right around 60# at my draw but they're both marked at 28".

Thanks!

--------------------
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 385 | From: Loveland, CO | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Str8Shooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Str8Shooter   Email Str8Shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only IBO event that has the extra classes (primitive, modern longbow, heavy weight, etc) it the IBO Trad Worlds. All the other IBO events use 3 classes. Longbow, rec, recurve unaided. Your equipment would fall under the recurve class at most events and if you shot the LB limbs at the Trad Worlds you'd be in MLB.

Heavy weight class measures draw length at 28" so if your bow is 60@ 30 but only 55@28 it won't qualify.

I'd encourage you to try out the IBO. The competition on top is extremely good but every group I've shot in the attitude and fellowship is great.

Chris

Posts: 455 | From: Watertown, WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJB2
Contributor 2012
Member # 9686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJB2   Email JJB2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Chris. Would I have to qualify at another IBO event to shoot the worlds or is trad different than the other classes and you can just show up to the worlds and shoot?

Thanks again.
Jarrett

--------------------
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 385 | From: Loveland, CO | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momo
Member # 22744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momo   Email momo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi yes u have to be invited to the worldchampionship but quilfieing is easy . just shoot a qualfier at any of the shot and ur on your way and there 2 championship in the ibo and i not sure about the one in tennsee

--------------------
vern thompson

Posts: 32 | From: OH | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Bolin
Contributor 2014
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Bolin   Email Mike Bolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IBO Trad Worlds will be in Cloverdale IN this year...........at least that is the last I heard. At the Trad Worlds, you can just show up and enter. Cloverdale I am guessing, is 2.5 hrs. from LaPorte. Maybe 3 hrs. I plan to shoot the Worlds this year. Cloverdale is a great place to shoot!

--------------------
Black Widow PLIII 62", 54#@28"
Black Widow PLV 62"", 53#@28"
Black Widow PSAII 58", 53#@28"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3145 | From: West Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pappy   Email pappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it will be in Cloverdale this year,you can go to IBO web site and it should have the rules
for this event,be sure and look under Trad. world.The rules and classis are a little different than the regular IBO shoots.And no you don't have to qualify to attend,you will do that there.Nice place and should be another good event.
Pappy

--------------------
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule

Posts: 1574 | From: Nashville,Tn. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hippie Chris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hippie Chris   Author's Homepage   Email Hippie Chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats Awesome!

--------------------
"Sneak and Destroy"

Posts: 194 | From: Oxford, Ohio | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
itry4deer
Contributor 2014
Member # 17200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for itry4deer   Author's Homepage   Email itry4deer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone tell me what type of arrow you can shoot in the modern longbow class.cant seem to find it on the ibo site.-thanks
Posts: 124 | From: kankakee, il | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Moose
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Moose   Email Blue Moose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No arrow restrictions for modern longbow. Wood, carbon or aluminum are fine.
Posts: 888 | From: MS | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodcock
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodcock   Email woodcock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the dates of IBO this year?

--------------------
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 56@28
Bob Lee "junk yard" bow

Posts: 162 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigStriper
Contributor 2014
Member # 16927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigStriper   Email BigStriper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5th Traditional World IBO July 19-20-21 at Cloverdale Indiana,it should be a Great Shoot,

Kurt

Posts: 687 | From: Edwardsville,IL.62025 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutchman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutchman   Email Dutchman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hotel reservations are made. I am looking forward to this event!

--------------------
Remember the Alamo!

Posts: 549 | From: Gainesville, GA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©