Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Events and Gatherings » Funeral services/Viewing for Brett Kauffman/Standing stone shoot club

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Funeral services/Viewing for Brett Kauffman/Standing stone shoot club
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shelly just sent me the arrangements...

IF you're in the area and would care to show support to his wife, Shelly and his parents, Barry and Marie, here are the details:

Brett's viewing will be Thursday, April 21, 2016 from 6-8 at Guss Funeral Home, Mifflintown PA.

On Friday April 22, 2016 at Cedar Grove Brethren in Christ Church, Port Royal, there will be a viewing from 9- approximately 10 followed by the services at 10.

Information and his obituary can be found at:
http://www.gussfh.com/obits/obituary.php?id=672203

The funeral home's website is: www.gussfh.com

Shelly Kauffman

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13195 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jsweka
Contributor 2015
Member # 21094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jsweka   Email jsweka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I can't believe it. Gone way too soon. This is terrible news and I was just wondering when I got on the Trad Events form how Brett was doing and if there would be a shoot at Standing Stone this year.

Brett was a heck of a nice guy and put on one of THE BEST traditional archery shoots you could find anywhere! He provided many of us in PA much enjoyment and fellowship and he will be greatly missed among the traditional archery community in PA.

My thoughts and prayers are with his young family.

-

--------------------
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Posts: 3408 | From: Howard Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, John.

Indeed. He, his dad Barry, Mom, Marie and wife Shelly were superb. There was little reason to take grub to their shoot with the quantity and quality and price of their food at the club house!

They were special and still are. I cannot fathom what it would be like for them to put on a shoot without Brett! They might. Shelly said something about a later date then Father's Day... but now, who knows. AS with most groups, 10% do 90% of the work..same at Standing Stone.

I'd go early, set up camp, help set courses or whatever needed done... they were the real deal.

The pic in his obituary, linked above in my OP is a pic that reaches out and makes you think you had to talk to Brett...39 is way to young.

Get our own houses in order. We never know!

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13195 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. W. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T. W. Harris   Email T. W. Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for the Kauffman's loss of their loved one. I've spoken with Brett on more than one occasion when I started the "American Traditional Archer" publishing of event schedules across the country.

All I can say is that Brett was one hell of a gentleman to me and was very encouraging to me for what I was doing.

I'm just sorry I wasn't able to get to meet Brett in person.

Rest In Peace Brett.

Terry Harris

Posts: 1500 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackdaw
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackdaw   Email jackdaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry to have not made it to the services as well!, The Kauffman family is a fine family and very dedicated to the sport.....!!!!! We lost a good one.....god bless..

--------------------
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2 BEAR SUPER K 44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Posts: 1481 | From: beavertown, pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

TW/Jack,

I got back "home" (PA) end of April and managed a quick stop by Brett's home to see his widow and wee ones...

Last I Heard, his widow, Shelly, had quit her job in Harrisburg, was staying at home with her kids, going to do some Babysitting for a relative, had a line on some health insurance coverage and not loose those years with her kids.

I applaud her courage and sense of responsibility. They'd just started an addition on the house. So much to do and get squared on with a troupe of curtain climbers underfoot daily.

She has my heartfelt best wishes. Were I closer, I'd try to do more to help her out.

She said the services were well attended.

PRayers continue...

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©