Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Events and Gatherings » I want to go to K-Zoo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I want to go to K-Zoo
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have wanted to go to the Kalamazoo expo for a long time. Looks like flights are reasonable this year. Do any of you guys have any recommendations for a hotel close enough to walk to the show with a decent place to eat close? I would rather not have to rent a car.Just want to fly in, take a cab to the hotel and walk the rest of the time. Thanks

--------------------
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 2456 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,
My experience has been rooms available were always booked...none available.....and I'm from Michigan (now South Carolina)

Gonna have to plan far in advance to score a decent room...

Tony

Posts: 2353 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Tony. I will check it out. Thank you

--------------------

Posts: 2456 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Worden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Worden   Email Dave Worden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd get a room now, if available. I know of nothing that's within walking distance BUT there are a lot of people who attend and get a hotel room. I'll bet you can find someone in your hotel you can bum a ride with.

--------------------
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Posts: 1598 | From: Clarkston, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark R
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been there the last 3 years, never had trouble finding a room a week before, but nothing in easy walking distance. the hotels might have a shuttle that drops off and picks up
Posts: 196 | From: il. | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Thank you guys for the info. I appreciate it.

--------------------

Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Worden:
I'd get a room now, if available. I know of nothing that's within walking distance BUT there are a lot of people who attend and get a hotel room. I'll bet you can find someone in your hotel you can bum a ride with.

Yep find your hotel then put the word out you will be able to get a ride.

For hotel and restaurant information visit http://www.discoverkalamazoo.com/

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2716 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Thank you David

--------------------

Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a hotel the year before last that was in Kalamazoo, but it took a while to find it. Last year we called ahead of time and could not find a room. We ended up staying in Grand Rapids and driving down in the morning.
Posts: 476 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©