3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell Me about your Tall Tines  (Read 293 times)

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
Tell Me about your Tall Tines
« on: December 25, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
Got a new to Me TT's RC coming. I've searched and read all I can find, want to hear more. Especially interested in the stock string specs, strand count, material....
Thanks David

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell Me about your Tall Tines
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
As of June 1st I had only heard of Tall Tines.  A guy I met in Bear camp this spring let me try his TT.   I really liked the way it shot and complimented him on his quality bow.  A month later he offered one of his bows to me and somehow I ended up with two...

I have a 62" recurve with a checkerd grip and flaired receiver.  Two sets of limbs, 51# and 54#.  It has a unique combination of wood in the riser.

Bow number two is a 60" recurve rated at 55#.  Checkered Chechen riser and dark myrtle limbs.

I wondered about the checkered grip as I had never had one before.  But I would do it again, I really like it.  The grips of the bows are different, one std, one lower wrist. I have come to like the lower grip quite a bit.
I am now officially out of bow buying business (as my wife rolls her eyes. Blacktail and Tall Times - I am pretty well set.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 10:40:00 PM »
I have a 62" 55@30.  I can say it likes heavy arrows.  It's quite, quick, and shoots where I aim.  I'm shooting overstacy D10 strings and I think in 12 strands but they maybe 14.  If it matters its Chechen riser and yew limbs.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »
I have 2, both 62" AMO and they are great shooters
bryce olson

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 08:18:00 AM »
mine is 62" 54@28  smooth and quiet. very well made. would highly recommend these bows to anyone.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 08:54:00 AM »
Well the TT r/c is at the top when it comes to r/c's in my opinion. As far as the strings....Brian gets them from a well known custom string maker. Stock really isn't stock at all. They are FF strings but couldn't tell you what materials or strand counts as that can vary. Congrats on your new favourite bow!!!

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
Ryan's spot on. I had Josh make me a few extra strings for mine. The TTs is one of my top 3 bows. Brian makes the best grip in my opinion. It's almost as if he molded it just for my hand!  You're going to love it!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »
I've shot TallTines for 7 or 8 years now (something like that) I think I might have had one of Brian's very first few market bows. so far I haven't found a bow that I like as well and they have been all I shoot or own since I bought my first one.

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Michael Arnette:
I've shot TallTines for 7 or 8 years now (something like that) I think I might have had one of Brian's very first few market bows. so far I haven't found a bow that I like as well and they have been all I shoot or own since I bought my first one.
That's what I'm hoping happens with Me. Have heard nothing but good about them. Thanks Guys.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©