3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kwikee Kwiver anyone?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Kwikee Kwiver anyone?
« on: December 26, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »
Thinking about getting my bows tapped for Kwikee Kwivers.  Anyone use these on your bows?  Any pros or cons?  Thanks in advance, Sam

Offline Shooter#21

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kwikee Kwiver anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »
I have a Samick Sage which came with the inserts already. I bought a Kwickie 6 arrow quiver for about 30 bucks. It was a little loose so I put a strip of duct tape between the mount and quiver. I love the quiver it holds 5/16 arrows securely and it actually quieted the bow. It is super easy to take off and reinstall. It is made of plastic so it may not hold up if dropped. Overall, I really like it and it costs far less than other quivers.
Bear Super Kodiak 50 pounds
Samick Sage takedown 45 pounds
150 gr Grizzly single bevel

Offline Basstar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:29:00 AM »
Been using Kwikee Kwivers for 40 years on recurve, then compound, now back to using a longbow.

IMHO the best bang for the buck quiver around.

Personally I prefer not to shoot a bow with the quiver attached and the Kwikee is easily removed once in the stand or blind.

I've just purchased a Kwikee Sidewinder hip attachment that I'm going to try rather than mount the quiver to my bow.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 07:08:00 AM »
good quivers,,,, always will be good quivers and like any old compoundish type quiver you can mount them to a thin board and make an asbell style or belt quiver too.

I really like the rubber they used in the quickee,, if my memory serves me right when it gets extremely cold the arrows still go in and come out nice and quiet,,, some quivers the rubber hardens and it can be loud reaching for an arrah.
"Us vs Them"

Offline AlbertaBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 07:40:00 AM »
They are a nice quiver for the price. Had the same one on a checkmate for years.
54" Kempf little grizzly 55 @ 28"

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »
My aluminum riser Black Widow HS60 Takedown has the Kwikee Quiver inserts tapped into it and I use the Kwikee 3 Quiver and I also have some older 6 arrow units. The 3 is perfect if you're wanting light, balanced, and more compact. You can also add a piggy-backer for a stumping arrow. The nice thing is they are interchangeable and you just snap in the one you want! I've also seen people do a wonderful job wrapping them with leather... On my custom Black Widow KB ("wood"), I went with the inserts at the end of the riser (side mount) quivers and use a Kanati Pro Dual Arc. Both are great, I prefer these over strap on units...

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »
Like KAZ I lean toward the 3 arrow version(not the one that folds) it employs a thump screw to tighten to keep noise to a minimum. I sewed a leather hood as a more trad looking cover and glued on with Duco. Been using Kwikee for 40 years. As mentioned the rubber grippers works great. Using my bracket as a template I drilled  pilot holes and used wood screws instead of inserts just to see how I liked it. I never ended up putting in inserts as the wood screws held fast.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 09:19:00 AM »
Use them on a couple of bows.....I take it off when I get set up.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 09:56:00 AM »
I haven't used one since the Kwickee was such a simple snap on item that did not cover the points. Later, I separately purchased a cover that did not come with the original quiver. I stabbed myself in the leg. Now I use back quivers.
Sam

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
I really like kwikee and use them on all my Silvertips.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »
I also use a Kwikee on a Mark Baker style belt set up.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
I once found a Kwikee quiver full of arrows with BH's laying in some buck brush, apparently the easy release feature was a little too easy. That was back in the 70's so they certainly could have change that feature by now.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »
I have a Kwikee Kwiver quick disconnect on my tree stand and attach the Kwiver to the stand when I get there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
Thanks for all the input!

Offline Jakeemt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 05:55:00 PM »
I rock a little 3 arrow kwikee. It's light weight not not loud at all. I rather like it. I usually whoop with it on.

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
Love them.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 06:50:00 PM »
Best there is IMHO. Easy on, easy off. I don't like shooting with a quiver on my bow. But I like carrying my arrows in secured to my bow. Nothing else even comes close.    :thumbsup:

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »
I use one all the time when hunting. I have two six arrow, a 4 arrow, and a 3 arrow quiver. I keep arrows ready to go in all 4 depending on what bow I'm taking out. Put on leather hoods to spruce them up. Love the Kwikee.
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline Bobaru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
Had a Blacktail bow built with holes for a Kwikee quiver.  I bought a 3 arrow quiver.  Fits snug.  Screws down so it doesn't rattle.  And, I take it off easily when I'm in the tree stand.  I have another bow with a Bohing Lynx 4 arrow quiver (same attachment holes).  I like that, but I prefer the Kwikee.
Bob

"A man has to control himself before he can control his bow." Jay Massey

Offline RJonesRCRV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »
What are the approximate dimensions of the different one piece kwikee kwivers, not the suicide kwivers?  Width, length, and height off the bow or whatever its mounted to).  

I can't decide between a 3, 4, or 6 arrow kwikee; 3 is less bulky, but 6 holds double the arrows.  Of course I can just get both.
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
Kimsha 'Boo Bow 56#
USMC 2005-2010

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©