3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 20 yard group diameter  (Read 1935 times)

Re: 20 yard group diameter
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »
With a recurve and target shooting form pretty tight, with a PAA target and a balanced out target bow  and sights tighter.  With Hill tempo and shot rhythms about a tennis ball for 6 arrows on a good set of six, a volley ball on a bad set of six.   I worry most about that first shot, I believe that shot versatility and shot timing to be more important than group size.  My last month's practice sessions before hunting season, I shoot and move with every shot.  shooting every shot in a different position. If I miss my mark by more than a couple of inches, I go retrieve my arrows and start over.  I shoot at different spots when doing this because the arrows come at the target from varied angles.

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2016, 10:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by AlbertaBow:
Can shooting carbon arrows tighten groups? So far I've only shot wood. I imagine carbon being more consistent would shoot better or is it not noticeable at 20 yards?

Some really good shooting on here.

I just got the Kanati pro quiver that straps on and have been shooting a bunch. Added enough weight to my bow that it feels less jumpy in my hand. Very nice quiver as well.
Good tuning and good form are what will improve accuracy, no matter what the choice of shaft material!

Bisch

Offline PennDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
First off, I'm a relatively new trad shooter.  I just shot inside for the first time today.  Also the first time I've shot at paper.  Two months or so ago I started to really buckle down and practice as often as I could.  Here's my first group on paper.  I'm pleased with it.  

Bear Montana 50#@28"

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2016, 08:56:00 AM »
What about 15 yds? 4" group acceptable for deer hunting?
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Offline AZ_Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
As long as that 4" group is where you were aiming.
"There's only two things an arrow wants to do, it wants to fly and it wants to hit its target. It's in its very nature. Don't over think it."

Offline VA Elite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by AZ_Longbow:
As long as that 4" group is where you were aiming.
good point!
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©