3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WHY ???  (Read 1167 times)

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
WHY ???
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »
When preparing for an outta State huntin trip do we  :confused:  

Think we need 2 doz. arrows for a 3 day Hunt

Think we need an ARTIC bag in GA.

Think that we need EVERY piece of Cammo Clothing we own. And want to stop at Cabela's to buy MORE

And WHY oh WHY do we wait until 11:59 to try and get all this DONE  :knothead:  ...can't forget my Harness, Cameras, Tripods, GPS, Two Way Radios

Am I the ONLYST one that does this  :help:

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WHY ???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
You are not alone on that Vance.  I do the exact same thing for a hunt that is only a couple hours from home and for a weekend!!  My wife thinks I am crazy but I tell her I need to be prepared for anything!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
Why do we do this?   Simple, because we can.  I think Its a Man Law or something.     :readit:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
Same deal here- went on a 5 day trip to Missouri last year- have the town behind 15ft enclosed trailer loaded with enough stuff to hunt for a month... this year 4 guys taking two trucks, and I am only taking enough stuff to hunt for 3 weeks.....or what ever will fit in the truck  ;)
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I know when I go to hunting camp for a 2 day hunt, if there is any room left in my full size Blazer, it usually means I forgot something.

I think it IS a Man Law. If there is a hole to pack...fill it.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
Ya just need a bigger truck, like with a semi trailer. Then ya can just keep all your stuff in it. Keep the wife happy cause its not all over the house. And you from asking her where it is!  :readit:    :D  And its always ready for road trips.  :bigsmyl:  

Brent

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
Vance.  yes...you are the only one.   weird !

hehehehehehehee   OK, so you aren't alone.  Lots of us do that.  

Don't worry.  But really truly, you don't ACTUALLY need all that stuff.  You can actually get by with 3-4 bows and a dozen and a half arrows.    Just go have fun.
ChuckC

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
Hey Vance old buddy...Getting ready to leave in a couple of hours for a day and a half of hunting at Chad's...and have the entire bed of the truck packed.  Probably won't even unload most of it, but if it's needed, I got it!  Hope you eat good on your trip.  :bigsmyl:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
My Grandpa always told me "The first ingredient in CONFUSION was CHOICES"

When I get done I'll be able to confuse the whole dern huntin camp  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
And not have what was really needed in a crisis  :readit:    :jumper:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
Heck what I take might fill a duffel bag. See Vance you need to pair up with someone like me, that way you can have all the packing space.    :p
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
Ha!  Thats about how I prepare for a overnight hunting trip in the next county!  I'd hate to see how I prepare for a 3 day trip in another state!

Cam

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
My equipment for a 3 day hunt looks more like a 6 month expedition to outer Mongolia.    :D  I believe it's the anticipation for the hunt that makes us do it.

By the way, everytime I get home from a trip and am unloading all this cr@p, I tell myself I will not do this again.    "[dntthnk]"  By the way, I've been saying this for 40 years.
Lon Scott

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
WHY???

Same reason I have 14 different bows!   :knothead:    :bigsmyl:  

Just for the sheer heck of it! You've paid for it, you might as well take it Brother!   :biglaugh:
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
same here, going to Ok. for 3 days.. 3 of us in a 3/4 ton truck and staying in a motel.. and we are worried about room... do we really need 2-3 bows apiece?? along with what you originally mentioned.. WAY to many arrows, be lucky to shoot 1..wonder what the mountian men with thier single pack mule staying out for months would think about that??
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
It is a primitive instinct, much like that which overcomes expectant mothers who find themselves buying everything with a picture of a baby on it, creating a "nest". We create nests for our hunting selves, too.

"Heck what I take might fill a duffel bag."
That is because Vermon travels with guys who pack like Vance. "Hey Vance, can I borrow a set of tree steps?" "Be about half an hour. I'm still looking for the hand warmers..."

I camp for three weeks every November. I overpack. Lately I have been paring stuff down, as I would rather be out doing the hunt, than hunting for that one piece of junk that I can't hit the trail without. Arranging, rearranging, and looking for stuff was taking up waaaaay too much camp time. I am down to one backpack full of knives. Besides the ones in the kitchen stuff...

Killdeer  :rolleyes:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
LOL Vance I pack more like Vermonster. Leaving for Wisconsin sat morning. Packing 1 bow, 3 broadheads, 1 flu flu blunt, 1 field tip, 2 pair of flannel lined jeans 2 flannel shirts, turtleneck, couple t shirts,1/2 doz pair of socks, knit cap, some rubber boots, small stool, neck knife, headlamp, 1 shooting glove, a little cash and my credit card.

Oh wait you've hunted with me, so you KNOW how much I take on a hunt LOL

Just hate being encumbered by "stuff".   :bigsmyl:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
I think we all do it, except for Mickey maybe...Drive safe...see ya in a couple days my friend. Tracy and I are very much looking forward to it   :campfire:
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
Oh yea...good luck down there. You pack a treestand?   :biglaugh:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »
He can buy a new one at Cabela's...  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©